Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And so it changes again (CU2 aka NGE)
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board...ssage.id=1

Here is the new Document that states how the game will become a 9 profession verison of Battlefront. Brace yourself because its hitting the Live servers on the 15th.
So there just making it into 9 different proffessions?
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
with 10 respecs(counting your 1st logon after the change) to juggle combinations of abilities for the fit you like best.  Not having to hunt up a trainer will be a nice change, since training will become automatic with sufficient experience achieved.  The other interesting thing that caught my eye is that the new top level will be level 90, rather than 80, which means higher levels are achieveable for everyone.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Which makes me happy!
Hmmm....very interesting indeed.  I've always felt that the game seemed awfully stilted, to me at least.  Lightspeed made it much more enjoyable, but ground battle still sucked to me.  Basically it became a "Ok, I want my guy to do this, this and this, with some healing thrown in sometimes..."  No tactics really to speak of except as bait. Just sit there, fight, and maybe run.

This is better.  But...what are they doing with all the other professions?  Are they going to merge some of the skills into the 9 professions?  Because I'd still like to have my Rifleman skills, as well as Marksman skills along with my couple scout skills.  As my character is right now he'll be pretty darn good when he's leveled up.

And there's no mention of the pilot skills at all.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
i perosnlay don't like it but i want the respec  ;D
Most are being merged into those 9.  Key professions being eliminated are Bio-engineer and creature handler.  All the crafter/merchant skills being merged under trader sounds like a real mess, but I'll wait and see.  I guess that's where the respecs are going to really come into play.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Im gonna use it to finish off my Smuggler skills!
May not be as easy as you're hoping there Fireyone, but thats why we've got 10
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
I wonder if the respecs will make it easier to transfer "elite" skills with "standard" skills?  I would imagine that the Jedi skills wouldn't be respec'd myself, but who knows right?
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.