Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cries of Havoc II: Escalation
This is what has already been posted for RBL at the other forum.  We'll go from after the last posted thing, unless you folks have suggestions to slip some conversation or something into the previous posts to flesh them out.

Wrath 2 of Wrath Squadron, one of four squads comprising ReBel Squadron, sat in a nice comfy chair in the command tower above the Wrath and Special Forces hangar. Wrath 2, otherwise known as Goku1, had been up there for quite sometime, awaiting the return of the current patrol doing it's usual runs around the station's immediat vicinity.

He yawned and stretched, pulling some tension out of his cramped muscles. His hair was cropped short in military style, but as long as regulation would allow. He smirked as he looked through the transparasteel viewports and saw the small, two ship patrol vectoring into the station to land and let the next patrol takeoff.

The station had been relatively quite since the war with the Yuuzhan Vong, but they still kept combat opperations on nearly constant alert. With the compliments of over four squadrons of starfighters and and as many top-notch elite pilots, ReBeL Home was a force to be reconned with.

Goku1 looked down at the control panel and signalled the two ships to land and the pilots to get some grub and rack time. He then sat back and rubbed his eyes. "Spast... wish something interesting would happen around here. Been so long since we've seen any real combat. Just pirate raids and smugglers to deal with... bah."

At Goku's console a light would begin to flash; the sign of an incoming transmission.

Goku noticed the button on the console and patched the transmission to one of the holoprojectors.

"This is ReBeL Home, we're receiving."

"ReBeL Home has been reached." Darcy informed Tank.

"Excellent." The Jedi said, nodding and tapping the keys on the table. The holoprojector came to life, bringing up Goku's countenance. "Ah, Goku. Good seeing you again."

"Commander, I'm happy to see you too. It's been a while, sir." Goku threw a quick salute.

As usual, Tank waved his hand irritably. "Dammit man, cut that out. You know I'm not on duty...you do that just to annoy me don't you?"

Goku cracked a grin. " Never fails either. What can I do for you bossman?"

The moment of lightness passed and Tank became serious once more. "I need you to pass me on to the Command group. I've got an issue here that I might need some extra assistance on, so I need to talk with'em."

Goku scratched his head. " Well, you caught us at a late hour, but I think a few of the higher ups are still awake. I'll patch you through. Nice seeing you."

Goku punched several buttons to route the transmission to the Command Tower.

Two days later....

Goku1's commlink beeped. He picked it up and recieved a message to report to the Wrath briefing room within 15 minutes. He stood and logged out of his station and took a turbrolift down to the main hangar.

He entered his securty code into the lock pad and entered into the small, circular ampitheatre. Standing inside were Snoopy, Aslan, Ace, Zara, Vader, Azis, Dark, Razen, and one of the newer pilots to join the squadron, Fireyone.

Zarathos waved Goku into the room. "Come and take a seat." He said simply, before looking back to his datapad.

Goku had a seat and waited fr the briefing to start. Wrath Hangar was split into two sections. On one side you had assorted Wrath Squadron fighters, while the other side was designated for the Special Forces.

The fact that pilots from all four squadrons were sitting in the same briefing room, and that the briefing room was not the large ampitheatre in the core of the station, suggestd that whatever was about to be discussed was a matter of special interest.

Goku cocked his head over to one side, then snapped it over to the other, popping the joints in his neck as he waited.

Zara stepped up to the podium, instantly lowering and then ending the small conversations that were going on in the room.

"Folks, we've received contact from Commander Tank that there's a bad situation brewing on the planet he's on. He's asked for us if we could be ready to assist him, and we will. Operations currently will most likely consist of space superiority and ground support, but until we get some more information, we're somewhat in the dark."

He paused a bit, going over his thoughts, before he continued. "Here's the situation as we know it. His business, the RBL Store, was attacked by coordinated ground forces under the overall command of T2, now going by the name of Darth Char."

Goku slammed his fist down onto his knee and barely restrained himself from uttering a line of curses.

"T2? I can't belive someone with the makings of Tank could do such a thing. He's gone Sith? Spast...."

Goku quieted down to listen to what else Zara had to say.

Zara waved the pilots to calm down. "We don't know what he's planning, but he cleaned out a lot of items from the Store and sliced the computer system. Luckily Tank had help in beating them back from some locals. Currently he is searching for Char and the other guy that hit him, using those same locals. One of his people brought him a good resupply, so he's good on that front."

"What we need to do is begin simulator training for possible space superiority missions as well as ground support missions. As the transmission from Earth to here isn't very good, we might also have to send someone in person to get more information every so often. We'll take volunteers for that after a bit. Especially for updated target packages."

"Aslan is going to try to see if he can't coordinate with some other Galactic Alliance units, and Master Skywalker is supposibly working on things on his end as well, but we don't know for certain yet. Communications are causing us issues all over the board as you know."

"Admiral, I would like to volunteer to give Commander Tank a hand if and when he needs it." Goku said.

Zara smiled slightly. "We might just take you up on that Goku. Matter of fact, we might send you to Earth pretty soon, but before we do, I want all of Wrath Squad to begin the ground support missions. Cobra will begin space CAP, Hawk will patrol here, and Wolf will go over their fighters with a fine tooth comb. We'll rotate every other week. Soon as Wrath has finished the ground support missions we'll send you."

Goku raised his hand in the air. "Sir, who'll be providing the tactical ground info we'll need for the sims? I'm hopeping we don't go in blind. Wraith squadron did that once before it became an intell unit and they got chopped to shreds."

"We have general terrain features of the planet we'll be using to create our simulatins. Our targets will most likely be Imperial or Yuuzhan Vong ground targets. If we can handle them, we'll be able to handle pretty much everything else." Zara replied.

Goku almost jumped out of his seat.

"Yuuzhan Vong? Where the hell did they come from this time? Sureley they aren't making another play at domination..."

Zara shook his head. "They're tough targets though, that's why we'll be using those target packages for our training. I'd rather train us for the hardest duty possible and be ready for anything, than to train substandard and get surprised."

"Sir, perhaps I might be able to help out on the ground once i've expended my ordinance into hostile targets. The Vong are pretty tough fighters on the ground. "

"As of now, there's no Vong to face except in our simulations. And as of right now, we're not even sure if Char has any ground forces. Our strength is in the air and space, so that's where we'll remain until we hear otherwise."

"Understood. Any estimates until when those sims will be ready to start running?"

Zara turned to the big blue Wookie, who growled and grunted slightly. "Looks like tomorrow we'll begin the sims." Zara replied, looking back.

"Now, if there's no more inturruptions, let's get to what we do know."

Details of supply, logistics, tactics and the like where discussed, as were new responsibilities.  This was a long overdue meeting, so many details were being covered as well as the upcoming support mission.

Finally, the briefing ended. "Ok people, lets hit the sims hard. Wraith Squad, you're up first, starting tomorrow.  Normal patrols, sims and asteroid runs for today." Zara ordered, the doors opening up to let the pilots out.

Goku stood and shuffled out the door behind Snoopy. In the pilots's locker room, he opened his locker and quickly donned his flightsuit and put his helmet under his right arm. Though it was going to be a simulator run, it needed to be as real as possible.

He made his way to the simulator chamber and stood next to his assigned sim.

~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
This is for those participating in the RP man, and I didn't write it all.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Yeah, I wrote ALOT of that....
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Sitting at his desk in the Hawk Squadron office, a handsome young man 1.88 meters tall with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes, RBL Lietenant Acehigh molls over a datapad.  Running his fingers through his thick locks of hair he tries to make sense of the numbers before him.  At his side is his trusty sidekick.  A modified R2 astromech droid.  This R2 unit is special as it is mete black with gold trim and has a Darth Vader helmet welded to the top of it's dome, has a vocabulator so he can actually speak, and has a few surprises in his utility appendages.  His designation is R2Vader.

"R2Vader have you seen these numbers from the flight sims we just ran?  They can't be right..................." Ace said as he rubbed his eyes.  "How dare you mock my calculations!" R2Vader replied in his metalic voice.  "You know I can fly circles around all of you pathetic Rebel scum" he continued.  "Take it easy mate.  I guess I should have said I don't like these numbers"  Ace said.  "Let's go back to square one.  Pull up all of the stats on the holoprojector.  This data pad is so small it's giving me a headache". 

R2Vader complies with the order and a *whirrrrr...........bang bang bang whirrrrrrrrrrrrrr* is heard as the ancient machine comes to life.  All of the flight data is projected in holographic form right there in front of the dynamic duo. 

"Hmmmmmm looks like the T-65's, Freitech specials, S&K specials, and BTL-S8's had the best luck.  But even they took 50% losses in each run we tried.  I don't know much about those skips the Vong threw at us, but I can say this, those things are tougher than Aslan's Wookie surprise over at the bar and grille.  With the RZ-1's suffereing 70% losses, I guess they would be on standby......................and we can rule out the AF4, and BTL-S3's with 100% losses.  Hawk Squadron ran sims with every starfighter the Galactic Alliance has to offer and the best we've managed so far is to get half our people killed.  This is unacceptable!"

"Calm down Ace the galaxy can live without a few measly Rebs........but look on the bright side we only had 4 organic pilots in the sims.  The others were top ace droid AI.  Maybe the sim was just to hard for the organics?"  R2Vader quipped as he shut down the holo projector and returned to his spot next to Ace at the desk.  "Droid AI or not we've never had sim runs this bad before.  We must be getting rusty, or the Vong are getting smarter and stronger.  But you heard Zara's briefing....we don't know what we're up against.  Ohhhhhhhhhh blast it all I need some rest.  We had a long day and this maybe the last time we get to shut down for a bit.  Looks like we get to keep the X-Wings, E-wings, B-Wings and K-wings in tip top shape.  Cancel maintenance on the A-Wings, Headhunters, and Y-wings for now.  We need everything that can muster up some pretty heavy firepower.  Next sim run starts at 0800 coruscant standard time, and we'll try that stutter fire trick Jaina Solo perfected during the war.  It's supposed to overload those anomalies they use for shields.  Hopefully that'll bring our stats up.........may the force be with us............ohhhhhh and R2Vader............just deliver my instructions to the hangar, give HC the sim stats,  and power down for the night....no shananigans......am I clear?"

"Yes boss crystal clear......................................" R2Vader responded as he wheeled away to deliver Ace's orders to the Hawk hangar techs.  After that he sent Ace's sim stats to High Command and returned to Ace's bunk where he powered down like a good little droid...........
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
"That's more like it.  Round 2 went much better.  Been so long since we had to fight these skips that I actually have forgotten what they are capable of.  Look at these numbers, only 30% causalties this time around.  And those that didn't make it were the AI fill-ins.  Every organic pilot survived this time.  Huuuuuwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa!" Ace said to R2Vader as they relaxed in the Hawk office after another grueling day of sim runs.  

"Need I remind you that all capable AI pilots survived the mission as well.  Well......ok so that only leaves me but I did a heck of a job.  Didn't even need to call on the force today."  R2Vader replied.

"Don't get to comfy...................Space Superiorty is our specialty.  I'm not looking forward to the ground n pound missions.  Atleast for now we are just on base defense."  Ace said as he was trying to keep from laughing at the special astromech who was busy doing a "victory dance"............basically rolling in a circle screaming yehaw!  The Hawk pilots are training hard and have been busy refamiliarizing themselves with the workings of everything the Vong can throw at them.  So far battles against the starfighter analogs have gone pretty well.  Once the capital ships start entering into the equation things will surely become alot less fun.  

"C'mon you little tin can lets head over to Aslan's so I can get a bite to eat I'm starving."  Ace said.

"Sure thing boss but we should get our orders to go...........the GWF PPV we ordered is coming on soon.  I already have the holoprojector set for the show."  R2Vader mused.  "And don't worry about the credits...everything has been taken care of................."

"Well I know we lost this months pay when you went joy riding and tried to convert some of the cargo pilot droids into starfighter pilots for your droid armada..................we lost a good squadron of headhunters that day you know......and alot of credits."  Ace said as he started walking towards the bar and grille.  "Just what did you do?"

"Well .....I ....uuhhhh....well...........went through the 'usual' channels.  Everything is all set don't ruin the mood.  The Angry Gungan is defending the GWF title against the Raging Wookie.  And the Intergalactic belt is on the line when the Masked Beagle takes on The Sulustan Crusher.  This show is gonna rock.................."  R2Vader pleaded.

"Race you to the bar and grille.  Ok ok ok we'll enjoy the show.  I didn't know you still had access to Tank's credit account................."  Ace said as the dynamic duo raced off to Aslan's, then back to the Hawk office to watch the Galactic Wrestling Federation's PPV..........
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Ace innocently wanders into Tank's office and finds it dark and empty.............turning on the lights he causually saunters over to the comm unit and sets the frequency for base PA. 

"Attention all personnel, this is not a drill.  Repeat this is not a drill.............Tank is currently off base and we need to start a party.  We need to find the Nubian princesses, order a cake from the bar and grille....wait does Aslan even do cakes????  Shut down the circus, close all the escape hatches, evade the ninja ewoks, and for the love of everything sacred stay away from George.......!!!  Rooties on the house, let's move people...get this party started!"

Snickering and laughing his handsome little head off, Ace thinks he shut off the PA but everyone on base can hear his laughter and giggling.  Realizing his mistake he tries to contain himself for one last announcement.

"Ohhhhhh one more thing.  At 1500 coruscant standard time all hands are invited to report to Aslan's bar and grille for a special screening of 'This is your life Palpy' starring holonet star Sage Nova as the evil Emperor himself..............that is all, carry on till the party starts!!!!"

As Ace leaves Tanks office he wonders........*who is doing the ground n pound missions and how are they coming, should we try to coordinate g n p with air cover......................ohhh screw it let's party*
        Outside in space on patrols a lone X-wing flys through the astroids keeping an eye on the scanners. "B-5 see if you can't boost the sensors any higher i want to be sure no imps are in the area" said the pilot as he made a turn over one of the astroids. The little droid turned it head to look at the pilot. "Nope sorry Fireyone thats the highest i can get" said B-5 plotting on how to kill his master. "hehe yeah sure and few more minutes and we can head back to the station for some rest" said Fireyone keeping the ship safe from the astroids. About five minutes later the X-wing was heading back to the station passing station defense platforms.

"Hmm guns sure on high alert today" Though Fireyone then he remembered "oh wait there always like that." The headed towards Hawk squadron hanger were he pulled the ship into it spots right nexts to an old clone fighter. The clone fighter was Fireyone's it was a ARC-170 it was a with fighter with a black color on it's belly and wings which Fireyone Decided to name it the Black Fury. Fireyone Got outta the ship to be greeted by his other two other astromech droids Tanks and Bob and his sarcastic 3-PO droid called MX-40. "Hey guys anything happen while i was gone?" Asked Fireyone as he got out of the X-wing then remembering he left his light-saber in the ship he quickly retrived it with the force. "Thank you Man for teaching me the force and thank you tank for bring me to the light-side" thought Fireyone. "Well Ace just said there gonna be a party in the bar and grill" said tanks as Bob agreed with beeps and whistles. "Well then thats were i'll head B-5 get out of there were heading to Aslans!" Said Fireyone stridding out of the the hanger towards the Bar and Grill.

(gah that was a mouth full))
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
Probably the premier attraction of the RBL Station is Aslan's Bar and Grille.  If you've never seen this place your missing out.  Rooties flow endlessly, nubian princesses crowd the dance floor, and drunken pilots reminiss about the "good ole days".  Today's party is exceptionally rowdy, especially for this bunch.  Just as things appear to be slowing down Ace walks up to the stage and gets on the mic. 

"*hiccup, hiccup,  buuuuurrrrrpppp*  Glad to see every *hic* one is having a good time.  Before *hic* I get to carried *hic hic hic* away here, I want to address the latest news.  *burp*  Our squadrons are training hard *hic* and I'm proud of everyone.  Dry runs are one thing, but we also need to practice our scramble situations.  So I'm putting the base on notice that there will be scramble drills occuring at random for the next few weeks.  When the alarm *hic hic* sounds Hawk Squadron will be the first unit to mobilize.  For the time being all missions will be flown in the simulators utilizing the good ole T-65.  All RBL personnel are welcome to join the party after the Hawks have scrambled and sent a recon report back to the base.   Now with that said....hit it boys.................."

The music pics up and Ace starts into a rousing version of the 80's song "you spin me".......just as he finishes the chorus klaxons start blaring and red emergency lights come to life. 

*klaxons wail, red emergency lights begin to flash*

"you spin me...........what the????  What's with all the noise?"  Ace said as he slipped the mic back into the stand with a very confused look on his face.  "Well our fearless leader that would be the scramble drill you ordered for today"  R2Vader reminded his colleague.  "Cmon sunshine off to the sims we go..........................."  R2Vader said as he grabbed Ace's shirt with his manipulator arm and began to drag his master off towards the flight simulators.  "Ok, ok let go of me you rust bucket.  Hang on I need a minute......."  Ace mused as he called upon the force to help clear the cobwebs out of his rootie soaked brain. 

As the two vets made their way to the sims they saw 3 organic pilots and 8 droids of various make heading towards the sims.  All of them Hawk personnel.  Upon reaching the simulator Ace slipped into the cockpit and R2Vader plugged into the droid socket.  Ace pulled his belts tight and connected his life support system, then donned his gloves and helmet.  "Alright R2Vader fire her up and let's get this party started."

"Welcome to simulator 9876543-1.  I am Ginny and will be your guide for this mission.  Commencing retinal scan......complete.  Commencing finger print analysis........complete.  Welcome Ace, how may I assist you today?"

"Who in their right mind ordered this drill today??  He should be shot!  Forgive me for forgetting protocal today Ginny, had a wild party going...ohhhh I'm gonna get whoever did this  uhhhh time to get to work I guess..............set us up with a small Vong attack force heading for the base.  Hawk Squadron will scramble and any late comers to the party can be used as reinforcements.  Give us a Vong Star Destoyer analogue with full Skipper compliment.  You can pick victory conditions and would you please act as mission control?"  Ace said to the sim that is set up for the squadron leader. 

"Very well sir.  And before we get carried away 'working' I need to remind you that you set up this drill sir.   Victory conditions set at 100% Skip destruction.  Secondary objective:  Take down the SD analogue.  Happy Hunting.  Mission will begin in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..................Control to Hawk 2 you and your squadron are cleared for takeoff."

" Yeah who asked you??!!  Alright let's rock n roll.  Roger control, Hawk 2 has 4 green and running hot.  Time to turn and burn."  Ace said as he took his X-wing through the launch cycle.  Clearing the hangar he waited until he saw that his entire squadron had cleared the hangar, then he began to bark out orders.  "Good day ladies, gents, beings, and droids.  Sorry to pull you away from such a happening party but we have some work to do.  For this mission Hawk 2 has the ball.  1, 3, 4 your with me.  Widget (Galactic Alliance pilot droid) take 6, 7, and 8 for two flight.  Stitch (3po combat pilot droid built by Ace) take 10, 11, and 12 for three flight.  All flights form up on your point man in diamond formation.  Let's see who's coming to dinner.  All pilots report in." * 11 double comm clicks come back to Ace signifying the squad is ready to go.  Switching to a private frequency he shares with R2Vader, Ace starts a private conversation with his droid.*  "See anything on the scanners yet?  Visual coming up empty."

"Ace confirmed Vong Star Destroyer analogue and Coral Skipper compliment 25 klicks out and holding.  Shall we say hello?"  R2Vader said.  "Sounds good to me R2Vader.  Switch to the tac channel..............*com channel set to tac*  Attention Hawk Squadron looks like we've got a Vong cruiser and star fighter compliment coming in at 065 mark 3 sitting 25 klicks out.  Stay sharp people!  Let's dance"

The 12 X-wings accelerate to attack speed and engage the first wave of skips.  "Ace to squad, remember stutter fire to overload the dovin basals, then hit it with a quad burst."  One flight engages 4 skips and comes out unscathed.  Two flight downs 4 more skips.  Three flight is having some trouble.  One X-wing is hit by the lava projectiles the skips use for missles.  It slowly spins out of control and is ripped to shreads by molten plasma in the next salvo.  Trying to compensate the other pilots of three flight try to cover each other but are now outnumbered 4-3. 

"Stitch to Ace need assistance.......12 is down, 11 taking heavy fire.............*static*"

"Copy 9.  One flight we need to help 9, regroup and get those skips off his back.  Dial your inertial compesators up to 98%.  That way those basals will have a tough time ripping the shields off your hind ends."  Ace ordered as one flight sped to save three flight.  They arrive just in time to see 11 explode into a ball of flames and molten plasma.  Swinging around Ace picks up the leader of this skip formation and stutter fires into the tail of his ship overloading the dovin basal..........quickly with the speed afforded him through the force, he switches to quad burst and destroys the skip.  All six X-wings converge on the two remaining bogies to quickly get rid of them.  Looking around Ace sees the battle calming down......................"All wings report in."   Nine double clicks come back.  "Widget how is two flight holding up?"

"Hawk 5 to lead:  We're a bit banged up sir.  Me and 6 are fine, 7 and 8 took a little damage and report their shields are operation at 60% and 45%."

"Hawk 9 reporting in sir.  I'm fine but 10 took a little damage.  Looks like his radio got hit, all I'm getting from him is static on the comm."

"Roger Roger.......9 hand signal to 10 to get out of here and return to base.  He can always rejoin the fight after completing repairs.  5, 9  form up on me, looks like the second wave is coming from the cruiser.  *switching to private com channel*  R2Vader get a count on those incoming skips.........." Ace said to his trusty sidekick.  "Uhhhhhhh Ace.....we uhhhh well I know this is a sim but I still don't want to die............" R2Vader replied.  "How many ships?!!!" Ace said frustrated.  "You asked for it boss.....count 36 incoming sir.  And we still have to deal with the cruiser.  We may have bitten off more than we can chew."  R2Vader said sounding defeated.  "Hey now what kind of talk is that mate?  We've been in tighter spots than this before...although that first wave went down way to easy..................."

*switching com channel back to tac frequency*

"Hawk 2 to Base, Control we've got 36 incoming skips.  Requesting assistance.  Anyone with your ears on out there feel free to join the party!"  Ace said as he concetrated on forming up the rest of the Hawks for a run at the second wave of fighters heading their way.  As Hawk Squadron custom, R2Vader started cranking up some AC/DC tunes over the squadron comm channel to set the mood for the fight................hopefully help will arrive soon as the Hawks are facing grim odds....nearly outnumbered 3-1 against a very formiddable opponent.................
((Hobovu, try to add some more to your posts.  Think story writing, like FO, Ace, and Goku here. Smile ))
~§~
((Did ya forget that it's a simulator run?))
~§~