Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain's Log, 4365.2
While returning from Academy flight training exercises over Mars, our shuttle was caught in an undetected wormhole and deposited far off course in an unknown part of space.  Nothing on our viewscreen is familiar..even the stars are different, making an accurate reading of our new location near impossible.  Engines are offline and we are running on battery power only.  Our only means of motion, in fact are the shuttles manevouring thrusters.  Mr. Scott, a fellow cadet also on board, seems to think he might be able to do something with them and I've given him permission to do so.  Unfortunately, he needs outside access to the engines to really do much for them, which is difficult in space without an external spacesuit aboard.

Mr. Spock, the third and final member of our party, has offered his services to attempt to calculate our position. A vulcan, he seemed rather out of place in the company of 2 humans on our trip home, but I'm glad of his presence now for the added knowledge he can offer to help get us back home. Already, he's detected a structure, which appears  to be some sort of space station, not far from our present location.  Unfortunately, despite repeated attempts at hailing them, we have gotten no response.

Options limited, we are attempting to use the shuttles thrusters to get to the structure, hopefully manage to dock them and elicit their help in getting our shuttle repaired and returning us home.....
"Sir, there's an unidentified shuttle approaching the station."  The watch commander said over his shoulder to the stocky, red headed man behind him.  Tank looked up from the reports he was working on and gazed at him curiously.

"Really?  Let's see it."  He stood up and walked over to the viewscreen where the commander and the technician who first reported the shuttles arrival worked.  A boxy looking shuttle, with two long pods slung underneath, approached the RBL Station slowly. 

"Hmm...odd looking thing.  Can't say I've ever seen that before."  The Jedi muttered, rubbing his chin.  "Any word from them?"

The commander shook his head.  "Not that we can tell.  There was some static at one point, but it died out quickly.  Sensors are working on placing the design, and there's some unusual markings along the hull.  But so far we've got nothing." 

Tank watched the wire-diagram image of the shuttle moving, and then switched to a live camera.  "It seems to be moving very slowly.  Not in a stealthy manner.  Perhaps damaged.  Couldn't be stealthy with that thing anyways."  He reached out with the Force to the unusual shuttle, and sensed discipline, nervousness, and wariness.  But nothing dark, or untoward.  As yet.

The commander nodded.  "Should we vector a patrol towards them?  Try to contact them?"

The Jedi Master straightened up and nodded.  "Let's do both.  Send a patrol and try to reach the shuttle, offer any assistance, but let's keep an eye on them.  If they get into tractor beam range, snag'em.  And contact the other senior staff of the arrival." 

The officer nodded and turned to flight control to vector some fighters towards the almost drifting shuttle.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Manevouring thrusters have finally gotten us near the spacestation. Mr. Scott's attempts at returning propulsion to the shuttle seems to have born some fruit, as we seemed to travel much more quickly to our destination than initially expected.  We've still not received any response from our hails however.  I cannot believe that the station is abandoned, and yet why haven't we heard anything from them?

Mr. Spock's efforts on the sensors have also been paritially successfull.  While limited, as yet, we have been able to locate what appears to be a hanger on the station.  We're attempting to manevour for a landing there.  Once down, I'm hopefull  Mr. Scott can complete repairs to our engines. 
*senses a presence he hasn't felt since...
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
After touching down in the unknown spacestation's hanger, Mr. Scott got to work on repairing the shuttles engines.  Mr. Spock and I set out to explore the structure.  Tricorders offered tantalizing glimpses of lifeform readings, but some sort of interference kept them from working properly, dispite Mr. Spock's best efforts.  The fact that we'd, as yet, still not seen any sort of greeting party is certainly cause for concern.  Where are the station's inhabitants and why aren't they responding to our presence?

Deciding to look around, I took Mr. Spock with me down the nearest corridor.  Upon turning the 1st corner however, we found a massive mass of hair lying on the floor, tucked against the wall.  As we bent to closer further investigate, MUCH to our surprise, the mass of hair jumps up and runs down the hallway away from us, loudly roaring in some unknown language.  I turned to question Mr. Spock if he'd gotten any readings of the being and if I didn't know better, I'd have sworn I'd actually seen surprise on his face, as his right eyebrow had arched well up his forehead. 

Certainly, if that mobile furball is an example of the inhabitants of this station, we'd best be on our guard.  It's no question they know we're here NOW.
[Image: 81693-big.jpg]
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
In the midst of a massive job of cleaning and repairing some older ships that have been damaged during some training flights, an odd looking R2 unit rolls up to the base of one of several ginormous piles of spare parts that lay strewn about the hangar bay of the ISD II Incenerator.  This particular R2 is quite a sight to behold.........painted matte black with gold trim...........it has a helmet that is an exact replica of Darth Vader's welded to the top of it's dome..............upon reaching the spare parts mountain the little droid even speaks!!!

"woot woot Ace we finally are going to get to have some fun.  There has been a transmission sent out to all available RBL fighter units in the area, shall I play it for you."

"proceed mate.  watch out I'm gonna get down from here."  says a strikingly handsome blonde haired Jedi Master.  After surveying the spare parts mountain, the nimble man sighs and force jumps down to the deck, landing with a bit of a thud....

"RBL priority transmission alpha-gamma-theta 110220:  Clearance code yeti :  commencing transmission...................................................*after a couple seconds the recording starts to play*  This is RBL Starfighter Command to all available fighter units in the area.  We have an unidentified shuttle in system.  Orders are to recon and establish their intentions...............*end of recording*"

"R2Vader send a reply back to the station and let them know that we'll be checking it out.  Get the X-wings ready to launch!"

The black and gold R2 goes off to fire up the fighters.  Ace quickly changes into his flight suit, amazed at how quickly one can do such things aided by the force.  He returns to the hangar and scans the area....usually a bustle of activity when the order to move comes down the pipe.......only 2 fighters are ready for take off.  Ace climbs into his ship and makes sure his helmet is properly sealed. 

"Hawk 2 online, 4 green, all systems go, Command we're enroute to check out the visitor."  After clearing the hangar the S-foils of the craft lock into attack position.  Visually scanning the area Ace can't seem to find the threat.........and it appears that the other X-wing launched right behind him.

"Hawk 12 to Hawk 2...Ace the darkside isn't helping me I can't sense anything out there"

"Hawk 2 to Hawk 12....R2Vader stay sharp.........instruments negative...................*switches to RBL military band*  Command............. Hawk Squadron reporting in..........we don't see anything at all.................................."

*few minutes of radio silence then suddenly uncontrollable laughter*

"Command to Hawk Squadron.......*laughter and lots of it*  ummmmmmm hate to tell you this..........the shuttle landed about an hour ago.................*tons of laughter*"

"Hawk 2 to Command.........sometimes I hate working here LOL......ok Hawk's return to base......"
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Goku looks up from his datapad, startled by the alert blaring over the comm system.  He bolted to his feet and sprinted to the Wrath hangar, ready for whatever. Upon arrival, he looks around and notices nothing out of the ordinary. Goku walks into the hangar command room and punches up the comm system. "This is Wrath 2 down in Wrath hangar. I heard the station alert, what's going on here, Command?"
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
As Mr. Spock and I continued our explorations, we come across what looks to be some sort of cafeteria. Like much of the rest of the place, it appears to be deserted, although there are  numerous empty bottles on the tables.  The place looks much like the aftermath of a good sized drinking spree in one of the Academy dorms.  Taking a whiff of one of the bottles confirms this suspicion, as the odor from the bottle's remaining contents are quite strong....and fermented.
It was a simple day, Fireyone had been doing work on his YT-1300, with help from his loyal Droid B5. He had also been inside the ships frame working on the electronics. They had been working for over fours, and Fireyone finally getting fed up with dealing with the bad wiring to his Ventral Turret. So, deciding to take a break, exiting from the craft Fireyone exited the rather large freighter, he made his way to the good ole' watering hole everyone aboard the station knew as, Aslan's bar and Grill. It would take him only about ten minutes to get to the Cantina. Entering said Cantina he ran smack dab into two unknown, and very oddly dressed beings. One looked human, but had Pointed ears, the other looked human, but the outfits were laughable, both being a Solid Red Color, with black pants.

Fireyone reacted as he would in any intruder situation. Draw his Blaster and Aim it. "Well, who do we have here?"
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!