Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else having any trouble getting into Galaxies?
My cable connections been acting up most of the weekend(running VERY slow), as well as my main computer constantly shutting down after a couple of minutes run time.  Tried a reformat, but just had same problem occur just a few min. ago.  Only thing that seems to keep it running is the old trick of running a big fan to cool the power supply box(wonder if it's possible the small fan INSIDE has died? dunno).  NOT that it seems to matter...tried to connect to Galaxies and get the updates, even at reduced speed, but it just lo0cks up.  Finally DID get something concerning a beta program mess(yep, word THEY used  ??? :Smile and was wondering if anyone knew what was going on?  Talk about a perfect storm....hopefully, I'll at least have my cable connection back to normal later today. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.

I would definitly blow out your computer, sounds like you may have a heat issue.  Heat will cause a pc to lock up.  And make sure all your fans are clean and working.

HINT:  Take the pc OUTSIDE before you blow it out.  Use office duster in a can, or a CLEAN air compressor.
RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron
Heh, yeah, 1st time I'd tried cleaning it inside, ya woulda thought it was snowing...lol.  Gotta pick me up a can of compressed air....I've done all I can to clear the dust short of that*tries to get rid of the blue color his face has turned  ;D*  :Smile
Its def time to take your box in for service!!!  :o Since you can not tell the diff from the power supply and fan from the cpu and fan, you simply need to have someone who CAN tell the diff look at it.
I really do think it is hardware because I had a look at your software and seen no issues. Of course windows will give you a message when an error occurs....DUH! That however does not mean that the message means windows knows what the error is, just feeding you bs cuz you dont know ne diff either, and sayin sumin went wrong somewhere...
If you power supply fan is not running you will have short lived power supply, you can see and feel the fan on the ps, its the one right by where the power cord plugs in Tongue

The cpu could surely use a reseating and silicone grease reapplied. The grease helps the heat sink to keep the cpu cool, and gets old and hard with even normal heat. Just reseating the cpu lots of times can stop issues you are having. And we both know how qualified YOU are for that procedure..!!!!  :o  Tongue  :Smile

So to shorten this up TAKE IT IN or Just shut up and burn the thing down!!!!!

Oh and I cant connect to swg either  ??? ??? ??? :-4
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it. I stand here, before you now, truthfully unafraid. Why? Because I believe something you do not? No, I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me. I remember that for 100 years we have fought these machines. I remember that for 100 years they have sent their upgrades to destroy us, and after a century of war I remember that which matters most... We are still here! Today, let us send a message to that computer. Tonight, let us shake this motherboard. Tonight, let us tremble these processors, memory, and heat sycns, let us be heard from driveway  to the computer store. Tonight, let us make them remember, THIS IS SNOOPY AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID! ............... Tongue
Terrified?.....perhaps.......afraid?...NEVER!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As for the shop idea...yeah, twas MY idea too ages ago.  Unfortunately, they seem to want something called CASH to work on it, which I'm decidedly in short supply of atm. I've finally managed to confirm for myself it's a heat issue, so yeah, it's bound for the shop eventually....in the meantime, the room fan works perfectly fine to cool the system down(for NOW, anyway....lol).

Too bad you don't live close by.  I would fix it for free.

Good Luck!
RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron
(05-03-2006, 05:34 AM)Wild§lash link Wrote: Too bad you don't live close by.  I would fix it for free.

Indeed if it were closer it would have been fixed long ago  Wink

Snoop the thing is you are only prolonging the agony and causing damage with each use. Not only to the component that is causing the shutdowns, but with each shutdown, stressing the entire system. There is a reason for "Soft shutdown" and surge protectors, and .....
Hard drives will not stand up to much of that treatment. The sad truth is you need to pay a little now or be prepared to pay ALOT later or perhaps replace the system.
From the symptoms I still think the heat issue is with the CPU, your system should have a cpu temp monitor, and the critical temp for shutdown can be set in the bios. If you have the manual it will tell you how to set or change that setting. BIOS is unfortunatley not accesible remotely as your operating system settings are. If you can get to the bios settings u might try lowering the temp at which it shutsdown and see if you "Up time" shortens accordingly. This would confirm where the problem is and perhaps save some $ on diagnosis since your local computer guy knows you and your system some what. If continue using it in its current condition you may very well take out the motherboard as well in which case a new system would be less expensive and more sensible at that point.
If your car is overheating and steaming, do you continue to drive it, let it cool and keep going? Ok maybe you would LOL BUT, one of those times the engine is simply going to SEIZE and DOH!!! There you are!
If you can not afford to fix it, you are only doing further damage by using it in the mean time.
Sad but true fact, sorry bro Tongue
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Just hit it with a rock.... then we'll eat it  ;D
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Welp, that would take care of any mineral requirements for awhile.....kinda hard on the teeth though Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue :Smile

..and there be WAYS to deal with a steaming and overheating engine....lol(been there, DONE that ;D)...trick is to make SURE it doesn't run dry and hit the critical temp. Wink.  Doin sorta the same thing with the room fan(maybe NOT the brightest move on my part, but then I've never been known for excess intelligence anyway ;D ;D ;D)  Sides, if I blow it up Az, you'll be happier cause you consider it a piece of junk ANYWAY...lol.