Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ace is back baby, sort of :)
merry xmas all!  hope you have all had happy holidays ect and just wanted to let ya'll know that my prayers were answered.  got a new pc for xmas  ^Smile^ ^Smile^ ^Smile^  2.8 ghz processor, 512 ram, 80 gb hard drive, 48 speed cd/dvd rom drive, raedon graphics card, flat panel monitor....she's sweet!  won't be able to have her up and running till next week when I return home, but I'm gonna play with it here and make sure it works.  so that means I'll be looking at empire at war if it's good and possibly galaxies if I can pick up a perm teaching job soon. 

ace out
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Before you play any game you want to see about getting more RAM.  Galaxies is a major resource hog; need at least a gig really of RAM to make it work the way it needs to. 

My Christmas was pretty good.  I must have done something right this year lol.  I've got Call of Duty 2, and Half-Life 2 under the tree.  Both were on my list!  Ooooooh yeaaaaa! Big Grin
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I got some close Shadow, FETongueAR, AC:WW, DBZ:boudokai tenkaichi, and some star wars posters.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
ofcourse one can never have enough memory in the gaming world lol.  this machine is a quantum leap for me though.  have her up and running and am currently getting all the virus protection ect up to date.  this flat panel monitor is sweet.  but for gaming there aren't to many newer games I'm into.  Maybe empire at war if it's good.  gonna test this baby out with xwa and mech warrior hehehe plus the little lady has been wanting to play battlegrounds.  I know those aren't to bad on memory as they ran flawlessly on "killer".  can't wait to see what they do on this baby.  ohhh yeah that reminds me fellas, anyone know of any gaming issues with older titles?  this is running windows xp and my old machine was on 98.......
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
XWA and Mechwarrior run fine on XP that I'm aware of.  Same for XvT.  At least on my machine.  The older games in the Xwing series though...no dice.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
mani neede a good comp my lag like heck oon theed and tat. and strangely on on corellia  ??? but i go and ipod video  ;D ;D and  som star wars stuff
*cough*ipodsucks*cough*
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
dude the ipod video rules  8) 8) 8) but it scratches easly :'(
hence why it sucks, among other reasons.

Get yourself a 6gig Zen by creative.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
thats y i got a cover over it  Tongue