Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shop!
hey im trying to make my own shop and im kind of broke so if you want to donate some extra furniture or something like junk give it to me  Smile
Go fly and shoot down things.  That'll get you parts, and parts = quick cash.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
BTW...it's kinda hard to drop stuff off if we can't get into your place. Tongue
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
TTENTION don't drop stuff off at my house drop it off at RBL Squad shopping center and anyone that wants to put up a little shoping booth up just ask me Wink
What shopping center?
~§~
Been wondering that myself.  The guild hall has sorta been established as THE big shopping location in the surrounding area(no small achievement considering MOST of those venders in there are mine  ;D) and additional venders only help to attract more customers to the location.  Considering the guild hall is out of the way for most players, the supplies kept in stock there(and the prices for them) have to be of good quality and quantity to attract people.  These days alot of the vending locations are in decline and poorly stocked, since items no longer decay and many feel the market has disappeared.  I disagree, business remains good from my perspective, but that's due to the reasons I've already mentioned.

Establishing ANOTHER sales location nearby tends to mix up the potential customers and the smaller location usually suffers for it(think RL competition against say, WalMart).  Fireyone tried establishing a RBL market outpost not long ago on Talus(I had a vender set up there also) in a neighborhood that had GREAT location, but HEAVY competition.  It litterally died from lack of customer interest.  You really have to look at how much competition you have in the area you set up in.

Believe me, if your gonna set up your own seperate store, I certainly don't want to discourage you.  But I think you should realize just how much work it is to set it up, stock and then MAINTAIN the presense for an extended period of time to make it successfull.  I DO strongly encourge making use of the global advertising system option in the venders also.  In the meantime, setting up 1 or more venders in the guild hall might be a better way to get yourself started.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Well the reason my shop failed was because it was behind the shuttle port and to far from the main shopping plaza.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
(12-07-2005, 06:44 AM)RBL_Snoopy link Wrote: I DO strongly encourge making use of the global advertising system option in the venders also. 

How do u find this Advertising info from a consumer standpoint!?!?!?!? Sure would save some time planet hoppin lookin for vendors of certain goods just to get to timbuk 3 and find they basically have nothing  :Smile
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
(12-07-2005, 10:14 AM)Azis link Wrote: How do u find this Advertising info from a consumer standpoint!?!?!?!? Sure would save some time planet hoppin lookin for vendors of certain goods just to get to timbuk 3 and find they basically have nothing  :Smile

ditto

I have a heck of a time trying to find certain things I need. and the bazaar is almost useless, nothing on there but junk loot from some newb that doesnt know to sell to a fence... I mean come on 5000 for an eyball? lol and not much in terms of high quality stuff. Did most of the traders leave the game? heh

Glad we have ol snoop around to take care of us else I'd have a house with no pot to p*ss in, and a crippled YWing heheh

btw snoop I will have a list of things I need shortly... one of em is an X-Wing, tired of the old boat Y. I'm about 2 slots from getting ADV X-Wing, so I been holding out for that (got the xp, just gotta finish my mission), wouldnt make sense to get a standard now then in a week I'll have adv cert.

The Y would do me better, but I'm lacking in armor right now... can you craft me some good armor? I have plenty of mass avail yet... those oppresors and decimators always nail me on the chassis... even with armor at 50% and shield at 50%, they manage to kill me. maybe I need a better chassis, or it's a bug heh .. hmm or maybe my chassis needs some kind of restoration, will have to check when I get back in game.

Oh and I got those 2 harvesters running for almost 3 days now. One is getting steel, other gemstone. My survey tool wont let me look for those minerals you specified, just the basics, guess gotta be a trader to unlock the better minerals. (hopes they code some prof diveristy soon) I'd help with the space mining, but I dont have RoTW, so no way for me to go to kashyyyk Sad
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
The Advanced X you need RotW to get, last I knew, unless they changed that.

And YWs don't do too well against anything above TFs, TIs, and TAs.  You CAN take out Oppressors with it, but it's not easy, especially if there's more than one of them...as I'm sure you've noticed lol.
~§~