Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe it was just me...
...but I found a whole slew of items missing from my place when I logged in tonight.  Was going to hook up Holmes with some different ship gear and NONE of it was in my place.  No chassis, no parts, no blueprints, no deeds...NOTHING.  The chests they were in were GONE.

Now, I only had two others as Administrators of my place, but as of right now I've denied all but me to be admin until this is figured out.  I'm not automatically saying they were pilfered, but I don't want there to be any possibility of more things vanishing before I get back into the game.  If they do vanish now, then I know it definately wasn't anyone in RBL.

I don't believe it was to begin with, as I know that either Snoop or Aslan would have told me they had taken some ship parts to give to someone else...but again, best to check.

I mailed both Aslan and Snoopy in-game to find out, if they don't see this message.  I also submitted for a CS ticket...and I already know I'm not going to get a response on that.  I have YET to get a response. 

This is what's missing that I can recall:

A veterans reward (a large, Death Star like console)
Roughly three chests full of ship parts, ranging from level 1 all the way up to level 8 parts, as well as roughly 5 ships either deeded or as blueprints
Several weapons, ranging from blasters to rifles (including the rifle that Simon had made for me!)
Two plants
Two posters from my bar area
Two other chests that has misc items in it.

I would like my things back.  I'm opening up part of the place for people to get ship parts and the like, but I will not stand for everything being rummaged through without there being some kind of note or mail for me.

Again, I don't believe they were taken (as I also noticed that my character suddenly lacked the very boots I had made months ago) and it's more than likely some screwup on the server.  Still, this is fair warning I think. 

I apologize if anyone takes it as being accusatory, I'm not.  I'm just highly annoyed and feel as if my generosity might have been taken advantage of.  Seeing as the two other admins was Snoop and Aslan though, I'm pretty positive that this is not the case. 
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Re-reading this I sound like a major jerk in my opinion.

If you guys get the feeling I was accusing you I apologize now.  I kinda let my annoyance overflow the cup, as they say.

~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
probly some one took your account for a while because my friend got his WoW account stolen form him
No, I know that didn't happen.  My character was in the exact spot I left him last.
~§~
That bites but werent me!
I am at the end of the game or must be Big Grin only one space mission I get offered and its not possible to complete, and no more ground missions either will they give me so I guess I win.

Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Possibly your items were deleted with the last patch, or if there was a patch when you last logged off... Happens all the time in EverQuest with corpses (You have to find and loot your corpse when you die)

In EverQuest what happens is when the server is patched, it is pretty much restarted, not everything is lost, and 99% of the time, all the corpse locations and items are saved, but sometimes items and information is lost in the system when the server is rebooted or patched. Try contacting the guys again with your "ticket that doesn't really exist" (I bet they just put those in the MMO's to distract us from the fact that they SUCK at customer service).
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
Welp, seeing as how I was 1 of the administrators(and haven't been in game the last couple of days, so as yet haven't seen the email), let me assure you I'm innocent(as I have no doubt Aslan is).  It wouldn't make sense for ME to take most of those items anyway, as I can probably MAKE most of them(aside from the vet. award.)  Only thing of yours I've been making use of is that harvester over on Correllia, which your welcome to reclaim, if you so wish, and possibly the odd crafting tool stored in the guild hall, if they were yours(btw, if they were and any were missing you wanted back, let me know.  I've lost track of WHICH one's I 'borrowed'  :Smile and it's a fairly simple matter to make a new 1)

Check the house option for 'missing' items, just to make sure they really ARE gone.  If they DON'T turn up, let me know.  I can probably manufacture new(and maybe even IMPROVED) versions for ya.  You've got ME wondering what I MAY discover missing when I finally get back IN game.

Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I'm sure you both are innocent.  We've been together in RBL long enought to know to leave each other msgs about things like that.

The stuff in the Guild Hall that I made back when I could make things is fair game, that's what it's all made for after all. 

Oh yea, I'm probably going to shut down the harvestor unless it's still profitable for you Snoop.  If we still do the outpost guild halls then I'd like to have a small house/warehouse nearby for fun toys for guild members to use.  Smile
~§~
As long as I remain a crafter, the harvester will always be 'profitable' Tank, lol.  But it's far from the only 1 I make use of (just for example, FO's lent me 2 of his located just next to your's) in a stable location.  Most of my own I keep moving around, to collect hard-to -come-by minerals. Stable locations come in handy as a back up, as well as a quick resource reference of the area.  They are used by me mainly to maintain supplies of heavily used minerals, such as Steel, copper and aluminum, depending on the variety and quantity available at the sites.  Any of these harvesters that are 'borrowed' belong to the individual players that placed them there and are theirs to take down or make use of themselves whenever they so chose, yours included. 

As for the outpost guild halls, your the only 1 I've heard talking about it, so I have no idea whether it's still planned or not.  Keep in mind though, a guild hall takes 5 lots to set up, and a player only gets 10 per toon. Small or med. houses only take 2 lots, but would be far less impressive as an outpost(and harder to find).  Either way, I've had no requests for building more guildhalls(nor any other structures for that matter) lately, so I'm sorta in the dark.  Of course, maybe someone's found ANOTHER structure supplier, that's always possible.lol. *Makes a show of having feelings hurt*  ;D
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Speaking of resources...how does one go about mining in space? and are those resources of any use other than selling to the outpost?
I am interested in it cuz I may be able to hit an asteroid heheh if that is how its done. And since I can not get any other missions or any XP for space kills, I need some direction as the scenery is getting a bit boring.
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!