Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starwarsg...aders.html

Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
heheh, didn't pull any punches I see lol. 

Still, I notice you're not the only one saying them, just not nearly as in depth as you did.  I think that's definately needed.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Here's hoping the message get's through.  This latest version, in MY humble opinion, SHOULD have had a far greater shakedown b4 being thrust on everyone.  I built a bar for Holmes yesterday and had a MISERABLE time with fine tuned movement.  There's definitely alot of work needed to it yet to bring it up to par.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
You gave Holmes a Bar?!?  Oh man...this is not going to turn out well I know it.. Tongue

Actually we should put one in the Guild Hall.  Might have to dump the big ol fountain, but is that such a bad thing?
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
*hiccup

huh, did shombuddy say sometin abou a bar....  *thwump

Seriously though, enjoyed your writeup Azis, very well said. I feel about the same way, hopefully they listen to everyones complaints and make things right. I will hold out a lil while longer since I'm havin fun in space combat... well long as there no rocks to get stuck on heh. My rebel space missions are getting quite challenging, dont have quite the armor yet to do some of these I think without a gunner or a wing, they lob quite a few Tie's at yea... the tf's are easy, but the Ti's I find a very hard time to hit.

Ground on the other hand has become quite the bore, at least in terms of character building. When I first started playing, the starter kit has you on Tansaari station with solo etc. many quests with many xp and credits, a person can easily make lvl 12 b4 leaving that training wheel area... but I found once I got to mos eisley (first place you get to go, solo takes you) the quests start to die off fairly quick (if your jedi anyway)... and your left to just grind grind grind, and hope one of your jedi rewards takes you on a new quest for a break in boredome.

I'll have to say though that I"m not normally much of a role playing person, so that could be why I'm bored easy, not big on just chatting. I see alot of folk just standin around in game and chatting. I'll fly a 2 hour mission, come back and the same group of folk are still loitering in the exact same spot, just doing nothing but chatting and makin fun of newbs. However I will say have quite a bit of fun when RBL'ers are online and we group up and go do things.

I been looking at doing other things, like maybe playin an instrument on the side (see lots of pistoleers or otherwise combat people performing, even jedi dancing fancy)... but it seems it is either broken for me or I'm just not sherlock enuf. I want my harmonica dammit lol. I tried playin those big piano lookin things sitting outside some cantinas... but it says I gotta unequip my current instrument b4 playin... so I think ok, it thinks my weapon is a harmonica, so I unequip, then it says I gotta have an instrument to play lol.. .um ok. Guess I'll figure somethin out.

I also cant quite figure out how to learn basic crafting... or rather obtain draft schematics so that I can craft my own goodies. I've done some of the mission terminals for each prof. but they dont really do anything except give me credits. *shrugs*

Ah well enuf ramble... I have mixed feelings yet, so will try it a bit longer, maybe they'll fix the broken stuff and hope you can come back Az.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
My understanding is that if you pick a specific job occupation, that's all you get to do.  Commando = no crafting to speak of at all for example.

But I could be mistaken.
~§~
Well that kind of sucks...
I really owe u fellas an apology and I want u all to know part of my frustration and anger is over the fact of how much I enjoyed being able to get in game with all of ya. I really do want this damn thing to work regardless of how much I protest the subscription. This environment is SOOOOO much more fun than sitting on the zone or some such waitin on matches or whatever.
I don't know maybe becuz I got my starter kit CD too early or sumin but I did not get a tutorial I have read about, in fact when I started the old teir system was still in place and I was working on some 3rd level Scout stuff of course as well as marksman....When the changes were first implemented day one was spent learning some changes only to see those changes revert or be different the next day then to find the servers down the next with yet another change once they came back up. Once the changes seemed to cease I was hypin all over the damn galaxy lookin for targets finding few to none so started taking missions which at times stuck, would not succeed or fail and ships that would not finish blowing the hell up. My piloting skills lack plenty as it is so by the time I chase a frickin Tie down I am in need of a transfusion then to have it be invincible well its way MORE than my lil veins could take.

Now sure I know its just a game and a few years ago 4 times the money I spent on this game would not have bothered me one iota....as it is now that much money is VERY hard to come by and actually equates to a weeks food for my family....Not only do I feel guilty about BLOWING a weeks worth of grocery money but I have a product that DOES NOT WORK, and the morons that ARE responsible will not even respond!!!!!

I have still yet to find a way to contact who ever it is that stands behind the curtain, hopefully they will give me a cookie to go suck on I dunno.
No idea what will happen to my stuff or my character for that matter, I hope I at least get the stuff back as most of it is not even mine doh!!!
Honestly it was the only way to get me out of the game for a while to clear my head, I had heheh become engrossed. I was in complete dis believe that this could actually be happening such a piss poor product that I had been IGNORANT enuff to purchase.
hehehe last straw was when Lethyl started looking like a mummor thug and I tried to take her out with a hand axe  :o not a pretty site, uhmmm pup u try craftin ne fryin pans  :-[
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
ROFL....yeah, the game IS addicting.  I find I can EASILY waste most of a weekend in it, esp if I get focused on finding some new supply of a mineral and relocating my harvesters to it.  The interesting thing for me is that, unlike you and Holmes, I haven't focused much on the missions to date.  I did some early on, but quickly got bored with it when I saw I could earn credits MUCH faster with crafting key items players actually wanted(trick was always finding something no one else was supplying or providing it at a lower cost than anyone else - sounds alot like real life capitalism doesn't it?  lol)  Even now, with the latest changes, crafting remains my main focus in game.

Unfortunately Holmes, they're right about the entertainer and crafting skills.  With this latest change, you can't mix and match, you pick your profession and that's what you are.  The POSITIVE side of it is you've got up to 11 respecs you can use to change your toons profession and mess around with the various professions.  There's no time limit on them, so pace yourself and explore each 1 as much as you desire b4 trying the next 1.  Just keep in mind to decide on WHICH 1 you want to stick with b4 you use the last respec up!  Otherwise, the only option you'll have open is to RESTART the toon in whatever new profession you decide on, without the experience you'd have gained using the respecs.  Also keep in mind that we're SUPPOSED to soon have a second toon to make use of, which also could make things rather interesting.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Yeah, I dont have the respec option though, I downloaded the game I think on or right after the NGE went active so I missed out. What I been doing is creating new toons on diff systems, each with diff profession. Got a nice lil entertainer gal too lol...  Along with her regular skills I also equipped her with a pistol and got her flying freelance smuggling runs too. She's a bad girl she is Tongue

If we get those 2nd character slots soon I may have to make a padme on gorath  :o  Wink  8)