Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
major bug
Well I found a major bug in lightspeed.... I was on a mission, objective was to dock with a shuttle...  well when I initiated the docking operation a friggin astroid appeared right above the shuttle blocking me... well it couldn't dock, but it kept trying... so I aborted... then it couldnt abort either. so basically stuck in game. the only thing I could do was open a bug report .. which they have yet to respond to (2 hours ago of this posting now). So I try logging out and back in a few times... finally it aborts my mission and I end up on planet surface.

So I'm thinking ok well at least it's not stuck anymore.... wrong, now when I launch my ship, it is still in that stuck mode... thinking it is still docking I guess.... nothing works, no controls, no radar hud, yet I can hyperspace to diff places, but that helps none because hyperpoints are not close to any stations to land. So I try loggin out again... doesnt work this time... so I asked hobovu to come blow me up thinking maybe that would reset things. Nope, I respawned at station, got repairs... and still no controls... still thinks it's docking. So I opened another bug report. I've yet to figure out how to open a CSR, I'm guessing you cant and it's up to SOE to open them, I dunno, the SOE/SWG website really sucks ass, my cat could webmaster it better.  I'm attaching a screen shot of when this initially happened at the rock. /mood pissed off

UPDATE:

I found where you can open a ticket... they have it buried within the knowledge base... pull up an article, there's a button that says "this doesnt owrk I want to create ticket" .. ugh
My CTRL-H does not bring up a customer service holocron at all... actually it does nothing. /mood annoyed
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Good luck I have yet to get ne answer to the bug report I submitted. I waited 2 days then that is when I canceled my sub just to get a form to comlain on.....I still have not heard back from the ticket I submitted last week.
I really noticed just after this last server shutdown that the tears started getting really bad especially inside buildings. Some doorways would not let me exit if the overhead map was displayed.

All the help says to check the website heheh ya sure all I ever get from their website is lots of ads n cookies n the likes to destroy later. ABSOLUTLEY no support or actuall help, instruction or customer support.

Hope u didn't get the form that makes u fill the entire thing out with options for ingame problems, then at the end says, FU this can not be used for ingame problems, plz kiss my ass n go sit in a corner and suck ur thumb  >Sad

Personally am thinking about finding one of those review sites and submitting my own review...
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Welp, I finally got enough experience in space to get my longprobe ywing cert.  Wouldn't ya know I STILL couldn't access my Ywing deed. :'( :'( :'(  Hopefully, it's just a case of being slow to
recognize the promotion, and NOT the problem you guys seem to be having.  At least my upgrades to my little z have helped.  I'm at least able to hold my own against 1/2 dozen tier 2 imps WITHOUT getting blown to kingdom come. >:/  Pity, I haven't managed to squeeze a Mark ll engine into the mix yet due to mass limits, but I can settle for the improved shields, armor and blasters until I finally get my Ywing going.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
None of the CTRL commands will work now Holmes.  Drives me insane because I'm used to hitting CTRL-I for my inventory.  Now it's probably just H to bring up the Holocron.

And I've never gotten a response to my ticket submissions.  But that sounds like a very major problem.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Yeah, I cant fly my Y now. My Scyk still works, but it is affected somewhat too... the cockpit can no longer be seen... which is actualy fine with me, I never flew with virtual cocpit on in Xvt/XWa.

Hey Snoop, I wonder if it's same prob that Azis and I have with purchasing ships that say reqs are "Basic Pilot" or "Basic Fighter" ... it wont let me fly neither one.  I bought a lil Scyk, just like the trainer only it has more mass avail, reqs are basic pilot, but it wont let me fly it... yet my trainer is exact same ship  ??? Just a guess but I'm thinking those are old reqs and do not match anything anymore with the NGE.

I think they have some serious issues to work out.
On ground ya just hit I now to bring up your inventory, but in space ctrl I.....go figure.

I bet the scyk problem is certification.  Seems ya need near Master pilot to get clearance for most of the ships...either that, or your allied with the wrong faction(rbl, imp or neutral) to qualify to fly it.
Solved it on my own... I got another Y-Wing.... deeded my old one and gave it to snoop, and it lets him fly it too heheh. Two birds with one stone. Big Grin
Well they did finally respond tonight to my CSR tonight... course I'd already worked around it and got it working. I put everything in my notes for them... I wonder if they'll look into it during a post mortem or if it'll get sweeped under a circuit board Tongue
That Ywing, (THX. Holmes) is a nice change from the Z-95, in a firefight!  Although it's still sorely underarmed(I still haven't figured out how to ACCESS the second blaster), the improved shields and armor more than made up for it.  Holmes saw the paint job I did to it, heh, bright yellow base with bright red flames running from the nose and wings.  Tried 7 different paint styles in all b4 I went with that 1.  Anyone want the pattern, or a dif. 1, let me know.  I'll give ya a texture kit and a paint can for yer own artistry.
It's too bad we can't come up with our own paint jobs.  I'd like my camo pattern. Big Grin
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.