Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ship upgrades
OK, I admit I've been slow to catch on to upgrading my ship  Wink :-4, but I've finally gotten around to it, now that I can MAKE my own components.  I must admit to being surprised by the number of options each component has, but at least by building my own, I'm able to focus on what I want to increase, rather than just what I can loot.  I see now why other people have complained about the z being limited in mass allowances, even though I CAN decrease the component mass individually.  Ah well, I've still managed to more than DOUBLE my firepower capability, as well as boost my speed overall.  Looking forward to test riding the new improved model.

One thing has me scratching my head though.  I've had Ywing certification since the changeover(although not yet longprobe cert.), but danged if I can open up the Ywing deed for use(can't seem to pull up the option).  Anyone able to fill me in on what I'm doing wrong?
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Did you get the chassis built?
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
Gotta have the longprobe cert I think b4 it'll let you deed a Y wing.... thats how it was for me anyway Smile
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
no you can deed it you just can't unpack it.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
Yea, you can buy anything you want so long as you have the credits for it.  You just can't use/unpack it if you haven't been certified for it. 
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
yea thats what I meant  Wink
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
K, that's prb. what my problem is.  I've had a Ywing from Simon for months now, but couldn't open it dispite the Ywing cert. at level 2. I'm almost finished for level 5, which shows as the longprobe cert.  I'd thought it meant 2 different levels of ship, but I guess not.  :'(  Ah well, some of the components I made for the Ywing fit on the z, so all ISN'T lost.  Bring it on imps!!  >:/
I'm nearly Master pilot, but I haven't looked at the new skills thing to figure out how they do "levels" now.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Pup I think that Y must have sumin else with it like a one owner deal dunno, but the Y-wing Aslan gave me I was able to fly with my level 2 Ywing cert. Holmes I think had to wait tho so maybe it was a change that was done after I unpacked mine or sumin. I do recall even the descrip of my Y says this can be used if the player does not already have a starship...????

Thing is NO ONE knows prolly not even the DA's that made it. Would think if someone did know or had a clue, there may be some documentation somewhere...?!?!?!?
I mean what better way to train a real pilot aye.....point to the ship n say go get em [Image: censored.gif]
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Simon told me I should be able to have up to 6 ships in my storage file and I have only 2 so far - my z and the yacht.  I DID try to access a Ywing I made myself, just to be sure, but I had the same problem.  Only OTHER thing I can think of is to destroy my z and try again, but that's a little extreme.