Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Server Maintenance!!??!!
As they schedule yet ANOTHER shut down to fix their fix to their fix to the fix for the bugs......I took the time to cancel my subscription and if nothing else submit a feedback report. Of course it was only multiple choice and no chance for me to REALLY tell em how I feel LOL!!!!
The last week I have spent more time chasin ghosts and dealin with bugs and redoing settings..............I MAKE decent money for doing MUCH less troubleshooting!!!

Sure would like to see it work cuz in their is a lot of fun to be had...but I am already out a Weeks groceries buyin the damn game and can not justify payin for this much downtime, not just the server downtime but ingame due to bugs!!!
As of now my scrip will end Dec 10. At least I got my bitch in to keep their round file full  :o
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Sorry to hear that man, but I can understand.
I hope they get some of these bugs fixed soon, else I may be joinin yea for some cribbage in the retirement villa. I been experiencing the same thing with the space xp sticking. But I havent reached a point like you have where it tells me I cant get anymore.... my bar is just stuck.

There's some things I dont like about game play in general too, not just the bugs. Like it seems once you get lvl 10, which you should obtain on Tansari/Gamma station at very beginning of game... after that and going to mos eisley for first time it seems there is a big gap between 10-20 in regards to targets of the same lvl... or maybe I just havent found em yet.

Course there are a few, but they dont give yea much for xp, and all I been finding lately are either lvl 1-8, or lvl 30+ .... the former aint worth the time, the latter kills me with one blow. So it's taking forever to lvl up it seems, but maybe thats the whole strategy to a "subscription" based game... make it take awhile. Then again maybe I just havent figured out a quicker way of lvl'ing up besides standing around shooting low lvl targets for hours, or it's just by design.

But although frustrating, I will give it more chance because there is alot of fun to be had outside of the bugs and stuff. Plus my first month was free so I'll at least give it that much.

I agree though, they need a better dev process I think, or testing process. I downloaded the game Saturday, and I think it's updated 4 or 5 already times since then. and the servers have went down about that much too, and a couple times stayed down an hour or more, which is frustating if you've got your heart on spending that hour of free time playing. I guess it's good they are fixing things but sheesh, thats alot of bugs.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
I will indeed finish my free period and give it a chance to work heh. I enjoy the entire concept and of course the story line n all that. Main thing doin that did was give me a complaint form to submit. Tried puttin in tickets and lookin for other ways of contact or info....but aint found ne or I get the run around. IE: customer support had me fill out a lengthy form with a problem category of "In-Game" option listed. Only upon finishing and submitting to get the message "Sorry we are unable to assist with in game issues, please use the help holocron ..."

I did just find some new critters outside of Mos Eisley this morn tho. City mite or sumin but they were still only 78 or so XP. I did find where they moved the special attack button to. Its now a right click while targeting, and does help at least on level 12 (I am 11), gives em a big drop right off the bat and finish off that way if I can keep em targeted heheh.

Oh ya LOL I was campin in Yavin4 system hopin whatever mission objective I am missing will reveal itself, when I find a tier3 TF with like 60% armor left...heheheh found the lil awing AI swattin at it so I sat and watched for a bit. When the TF got to bout 4% systems left I moved in hehehehe oh boy got a easy kill for 220 credits but no XP heh.
heheh I'm at lvl 13 now finally... I been imp hunting on tatooine, ridding the streets of imp guards and police... which are replaced with rebel AI guards that will help by shooting any imp that walks there path... which is how I been killin lvl 25 troopers at the time I was lvl 12, I get them to chase me and if I can dodge bullets, lure them around those rebel AI, with them firing at him I can usually get a kill as they help knock his health down. Then he gets replaced with rebel AI wherever he was posted Smile

I got most of them this way on mos eisley last night and earned the alliance a planetary faction point for tatooine Big Grin Then it got boring because not very many imps left, so Aslan joins me later and we go a imp huntin, he takes me to Bestine, and oh my I'm glad he was with me, lots of high lvl imps there heheh I would have been toast right outside the starport if he hadn't nailed that elite guard. heheheh

So then we go back to RBL, and there a trooper patrol right between the base and guild hall, so we try to take em, but I'm just not much help to my good buddy since my shots are more like mosquito bites to those guys, and one shot from them incap's me heheheheh Hopefully soon I will have some more firepower and my good buddy wont have to take all the heat for me when we a huntin  Tongue
BUGS BUGS Ekkk.... Um Yum Yum !! Burp!  ......... Well I been playing this game since it started and yes it has its UPS  and downs but just recently I been having the most fun ever since you too guys have joined  in  so my advice is ignore the bugs and PLAY WITH ME  YOU GUYS ARE FUN!!!! Wink  Also it gets better after awhile its just sonys  changes sux sometimes especially when you are just getting everything right! you got to admit tough it sure is fun when were together on this game and have a good guilde  and story  and quest and all ;D
hey are they goign to fix how you pick up and open things because i still haven't learned how to use my havesters :'(  :'(  :'(
Should have asked ME if ya wanted to USE your harvesters....lol.  Took me a while, but you put your pointer on the harvester and click the ~ button to bring up the options.  Be careful of your focus point though, it has a tendency to bring up the options at the top of the screen(ANOTHER bug I assume).

I understand Azis's frustration with the current setup.  It's too bad he hadn't been on for some time B4 the latest change came into effect.  I'm having my OWN frustrations with this latest version, the only bright side for me is the fact that this is the busiest time of the year for me and I'm getting very little opportunity to actually PLAY.  So I'm not really being affected by the bug fix downtimes.  Hopefully, they can manage a decent run of this current version soon, but I am GLAD I haven't invested in the latest 2 expansions.

BTW, prior to the latest revision of Galaxies, if ya REALLY wanted to build up the combat level of your toon quickly, the best way was to join a hunting party(group of up to 8 players).  Everyone in the group gained the sturdiness of the highest level member in the group.  As a group, members could take on FAR more powerful opponents than they could individually, and yet the experience points, loot and harvesting were the SAME for each member, rather than reduced by the number of players in the group.(I almost managed Master Marksman ENTIRELY from 1 such group hunt 1 evening b4 the change!)  While I haven't been on enough since the change to see how well that system works now, I suggest if anyone wants to speed up building up their toon to start grouping up and working together.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
(11-25-2005, 10:12 PM)RBL_Snoopy link Wrote: BTW, prior to the latest revision of Galaxies, if ya REALLY wanted to build up the combat level of your toon quickly, the best way was to join a hunting party(group of up to 8 players).  Everyone in the group gained the sturdiness of the highest level member in the group.  As a group, members could take on FAR more powerful opponents than they could individually, and yet the experience points, loot and harvesting were the SAME for each member, rather than reduced by the number of players in the group.(I almost managed Master Marksman ENTIRELY from 1 such group hunt 1 evening b4 the change!)  While I haven't been on enough since the change to see how well that system works now, I suggest if anyone wants to speed up building up their toon to start grouping up and working together.

Doesnt work anymore. When I group with aslan my xp for a normal 148xp kill (for me) is only 1xp when grouped with papa yub    ???:'(

Space combat however is the same xp for a kill regardless of being grouped.  <)Smile
K, I'm assuming you BOTH  were shooting at the same target?  lol(It DOES affect how ya get included in the talley)  1 other suggestion to try is to target Aslan rather than the actual opponent and run your attack moves(this tends/tended to coordinate and combine the attack on the opponent) or whoever is LEADING the attack in the group.  There SHOULD still be a way for grouping up to be beneficial in a fight.
Anyone else have an insights post change?  I'm hopping to pop in on my guild members over in Flurry over the weekend.  If I pick up anything more on group hunts, I'll post it for ya.  Wink
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
There on to the big game hunts snoop, one of the fixit notes addressed reducing those points specifically.

Spent all evenin chasin who knows including the developers. TB's that get to 50% then do not degen ne further. Also had that happen with ground targets. Cept u chase a Tier 3 TB for a hell of while when ur certs wont let ya fly ships that require basic pilot skills and is manufactured and sold to both Alliance and Empire....

Sure could be a fun game....hope u all enjoy and they do get it fixed