Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Painful Realization...
See my DeviantART journal entry for the details.  Also see my To-Do List link via the same journal.

Suffice to say, it's been rather disengenuious of me to state that I was going to do things for RBL and I have done only a quarter of what I have promised, leaving everyone hanging.  Not very responsible or honest of me.  I ask for your forgiveness in this, but I won't expect it.  I've just put myself into a bad position overall, and I hate leaving current responsibilities unfullfilled (though I'm sure some could argue I've been doing that for years without apology...and they'd be right).

When I do have free time, I will slip into Galaxies if just to keep the account alive.  But those times are going to be far and few between I feel. 

If there is anyone with more free time than I, I'm willing to step down as assistant website engineer (not like I've done anything since the site was changed to a CSS format...it scares me lol), and as Fleet Admiral.  I'll help with the transition for the individual into the new duties...such as they are I guess.  But I've taken on too much and done nothing with it, to the detriment of all.

And that, is unforgiveable. 

So anyways, wanted to let you all know what's going on.  I'll still visit every day, check the comm and post as necessary. 

My sincere apologies guys.

Fly fast, shoot straight.  Be young, have fun, drink Pepsi.  DRAGONS!!!

¤§¤
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Be YOUNG??? *Starts singing "I wish I were 18 again" *  **All the ewoks in earshot begin howling ahd holding their ears in pain**  Heh, seriously though Tank, your just realizing your as human as the rest of us.  Prioritizing your time is something I'd have thought you'd have done ages ago, but it's never to late for it.  If you haven't already, a blackberry(or whatever passes for an organizer these days - it's hard to keep up with it..lol) wouldn't be a bad idea to help avoid the paper goof-up next time.
As for Galaxies, and RBL in general, welp, RL always should take priority, but it's always a good idea to have some relaxation in your day too - the mind needs downtime too afteral.  From the sounds of it, you've got alot of avenues open to you for relation(maybe too many? NOT my call  Wink), make use of the one's that relax you the most to maximize your RNR time.  The rest can wait.  RBL certainly isn't as active as it once was, but it keeps chugging along.  I doubt there's any panic on getting any big projects completed.  This time of the year, alot of members have to focus on their studies, if ya haven't noticed, your certainly not the 1st.
And when you DO get the opportunity, pop in and at least say hello from time to time.  Methinks your RBL title will still be here waiting for ya, when things finally slow down a bit down the road.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.

I've always said "you do too much". 
Slow down, breathe, relax a little.
ReBeL hasn't really been an "active" squad in quite some time. 
I don't think you really need to step down, step back for sure. 
And I'm not sure about everyone else, but I don't see a real need for you to hand in your bars.
Just show up from time to time and post is good enough for me.

§lash
RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron
I used to do a really good job of prioritizing, but it seems that since I moved from the community college to the university...it's just gone all out the window. 

I'm still not impressed with myself for it, and until I recover things, I doubt I will.  Work has really thrown me for a loop that's for sure, which is probably why I seek so many avenues of relaxation (ya nailed that one Snoop). 

I only offered the jobs because frankly I just haven't been upholding them.  Wrong of me to hold them down if someone else (even if the squad is rather quiet, active in Galaxies but nowhere else) wants to or is able to make things happen.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
:o does this mean are END!!!!!!!
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
No, it doesn't.
~§~
Hardly the end FO, only a realization from Tank that with going to university AND holding down what CAN be a full time job(dunno how many nights a week he's working afteral), that there ARE only SO MANY hours in the run of a day.  Organized or not, those 2 ALONE are a handfull.  Now tack in everything else (including RBL) he's also involved with and you begin to see what he's realized.  A person DOES need sleep too...lol.
I give Tank alot of credit actually.  When I went to university, I was able to pay for it all (AND buy a decent second hand car-an Acadian Sedan-heh, drove the sucker 8 years too) just by working summers.  But the summer prior to my final year, work went slack, so I tried working a SECOND job(back to back shifts).  I lasted a week...lol.  Never tried THAT again.  ;D
I'm just hoping Tank doesn't burn himself out entirely.
At any rate, like Slash said, we're hardly ACTIVE anyway.  Much of the title you hold is strictly symbolic these days and I doubt anyone wants to take it from you. 
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I went through this same kind of thing back when I was still in school.  Just take a step back and breathe for a minute...............you'll figure it out mate.  May not be today or tomorrow but some day soon you'll get it.  Believe me I know how it sounds, but that's how I got back on track.  One morning I just woke up and had "the plan" lol.  And your just gonna have to trust me on this one...school will end.  You've seen all the free time I've had after I have graduated and "ahem" entered the "work" force lol. 

Honestly buddy I don't think anyone round here is going to let you turn those bars in.  It's not all our fault with being inactive except for galaxies.  The xvt and xwa situation finally got to the point where it was out of the casual gamers hands.  And alot of things that happened at the end I still blame the evil empire of xvt for............and heck I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you mate.  We'll figure out a way to keep RBL running.  You figure out a way to graduate, keep your sanity (what's left of it), and complain to me all ya like on msn lol

*S*
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
im going to go through that soon im in 8th grade next year im going to high school
(10-18-2005, 11:29 PM)hobovu link Wrote: im going to go through that soon im in 8th grade next year im going to high school

[Image: doh.gif]

Uhmmm tank I think u gotta stay round man...heheh who else gonna keep these youngins' figured...[Image: jot.gif]
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!