Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, screw that....
I have tried everything possible. Tech support is stumped. I still can't run Galaxies. So to heck with it.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Never a good sign when tech support is stumped.  How far do you get b4 a problem developes? Or what exactly IS the problem?
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I kinda wonder if his disks weren't corrupted to begin with. 

The game's installed fine apparently, but when he tries to go in-game it has an error.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Did he try REinstalling the game?
More than once apparently.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
And no other problem with his computer systems? Hmmm, ya know...I wonder...ya don't suppose he left on his antivirus program while installing the game do ya?  Yeah, I know, but I'm looking for something so obvious, a techie MIGHT overlook it.  On that same theme, what about the parental controls?  Perhaps the access is LIMITED (intentionally or unintentionally) and causing the program not to run properly.  I've certainly HEARD about it from MY 2 when they couldn't access certain game sites due to my unintentially limiting their access...although it was funny at the time.
One of my disc was corrupted when i got mine it wouldn't install so goku if you got a CD burner try burning all of them to blank disc and see if that works.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
If the information on the disk is corrupted, or the disk your trying to copy from is corrupted, the data is corrupted and won't do any good to burn to a new disk.
~§~
Well my disc was corrupted (disc 3 of the total expericance pack) and we burned it and it fixed it so hey im just saying.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
I had my anti-virus disabled, there are no parental controlls, as I"M the one who set them, firewalls are down, blah blah blah. It's when i click PLAY from the launchpad that i get an error message reading something to the effect of .....

" We have detected a client crash. If you have not done so recently, we recomend you run a FULL SCAN from the Luanchpad to ensure the game files are intact."

Done it a billion times. Still no go.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.