Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well they've gone and done it...
...they did the combat upgrade.  And I have to say, from the moment I logged in to the moment my game LOCKED UP completely in flight (first time), I'd say it's not an upgrade at all, but a downgrade.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Its not as worse as expected.

My probot still guards me, and is not at my combat level, which would be 3 Tongue its at its creature level which is 18, so I am still able to take on critters and punks up to level 18, which is alright on the starter planets.

What really sucks is doing harvester runs on the dangerous planets. I had 3 harvester just 300m away from the Yavin 4 Mining Outpost. And I incapped twice on the way to them Sad

Long runs will become impossible, or take hours.

Another bad thing is the armor revamp, they took away the composite armor segments, but hell we droid engineers need them for droid armor level 5 and 6, what did they think? They even transformed my hundreds of segments I have in stock to assault armor segments.....

My crates of muzzles became barrels and dont fit onto my gun anymore...

I could continue the list forever....

I had someone tell me "Why should new players have access to the best armor from the start?"  I say, why not?  Technically you didn't have access to being able to wear any armor you had from the start.  You had to have your stats migrated, and even then that was no guarrentee that you'd get it done enough to wear all of the armor (I know, I did it). 

They've upped the number of creatures in the game.  Good news for having targets.  Cept they all can beat the snot out of me.  That's bad. 

Weapons and Armor certification information is nonexistent.  How to provide medical treatment is nonexistent if you're a medic or a doc.  The Holocron was not updated at all.  If you're not certified for a certain weapon you can't use it at ALL.  I'm trained up to Pistols II as a Marksman...and I can't use a DL-18 pistol.  What the hell? 

You get no notice of XP gain when you kill something, giving you the idea that you're not gaining anything.  Someone thought it was a good idea to hide that it seems.

I think the list should go on, and then sent to the developers so they can do something to fix it.  Course they've just shut down the servers again...which, according to the CSR in the chat, they shut down 45 minutes before my game suddenly locked up completely.  Obviously impossible if I was still flying 5 minutes before talking to the CSR.  Hell, there wasn't even a warning about the upcoming shutdown ingame. 

If they're going to go about this, they should at least do a better job of implementing it.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
>Big Grin Well  I at first Was say Ahhhh this SUXS but after taking on a krayt solo myself and WINNING I said maybe notso bad........I know I am 73 on that power thing which makes me pretty tough I think 80 is tops but I like the new graphics and the thing deffinately needs some time to get use to but hey at least I dont have waterbuffloe Horns anymore on my armor!! Well I got to read the forums some more and see if I even want to change anything and as for protection just give me a call and I will try no to steer you wrong ok....Pssst Tank watch out for those imps ....Ohhh drat tooo late  I will avenge you!! Hey look at the bright side at least theres no more buff lines to stand in
;D
Hmmmm, from the sound of it, I did the right thing not bothering to log in last night(I was DEAD tired..lol). I got my UPGRADED gaming tower back yesterday and am in the process of transfering my galaxies play to THIS beast. (I LOVE the speed it seems to have) Hopefully, I'll FINALLY be able to fly without all the lag. Heh, had a chance to BUY an A-wing last time I was on too and passed it up...kicking myself now.  :'(
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I had the chance to get my Awing certification, but I went for my lvl 8 parts certs instead.  Flying wise seems to be pretty much the same.  There are a few changes there, but not many.
~§~
Heh, welp, I can't seem to get my sound working on the newly modified tower.(claims I have no audio mixer installed, but Danged if I know how to fix it...had no luck so far). I DO like the new graphics in the game, but much like the rest of you, I HATE many of the tech changes. I'm back to basics on many things, INCLUDING my laser carbine that I was QUALIFIED to use before(I have 4th level carbines, but apparently NO certification for it now....and NO way of checking what I AM qualified to use. I've already been killed SEVERAL times by muggers I'd noramlly have mowed through before(forgot how bad a basic carbine was). My pet wasn't much help either...didn't listen to commands for me(although I THINK I have that fixed...they seem to have eliminated the abreviations for the commands). I see I'm listed as a level 16 for combat....hmmmmmm max is 80 eh, Aslan....eeeeeeep!
All my various med supply canisters are gone or converted over to bacta tanks I CAN'T use.....figures....although strangely, the ones listed on my vender are still there...oversight I guess. I can still make stim packs...but only A's...B's now need a factory crate supplied part, rather than a made on the spot version. :'(
Dunno///I', gonna crash for now, might try the space version and see how THAT is later....right now the ground version just depresses me and get's me killed.
A guy from my PA compiled a list of the weapon certs for the weaponsmith forum:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board...e.id=80679

That sure would have been handy if it was in the Holocron to begin with...
~§~
Hmmm, now all I gotta do is figure out what combat level I'm at.....lol.