Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IE Cookie problems
Still having some slight problems getting into the Zone. I've emailed the MS people about it. Might just be my browser settings (although I've fooled with them a lot), but I keep having a problem with cookies.

Even after I set the Privacy settings to Accept All Cookies, I can't get the .NET passport thingy to work.

(I also haven't gotten a replacement joystick lol).

Anyways, just wanted you all to know what's going on on my end. I'm going to go out later today and take a look at joysticks to see what's in the area.

EDIT: Renamed the topic subject.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Zara is having the exact same problems that you are having.. it all started for him when he installed IE6 SP1.... I think he tried going back down to IE5.5 but that didn't fix him ... whatever done the damage in IE6 stuck I guess.....

All hands, battlestations.... to your ships. *Rebel Squadron declares war on MS* Tongue
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
LOL. We must save the universe from the scourge of MS!

**rushes to battlestation, but runs into door**

rassa frassa! I forgot that the doors operating system is XP! CURSESSSSSSS!!!
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
ISn't that what Mojo Jojo is supposed to say??
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Well.....it works for me too lol.

I did get a replacement joystick, just a regular Sidewinder Precision. So as soon as I can get into the Zone, I'll be able to fly.
~§~
Hey Tank, if MS figures out what is up (pending they even respond to you) can ya post the fix here... Zara and I would really like to know, it's got us stumped :-\

*grabs blaster and heads for his B-Wing*

eh maybe we can force it out of MS ;D
Sure thing Holmes. I've been stumped as well.

The response so far is that they've sent my request to the next level of support lol.
~§~
I've gotten a response back from MS on the Zone issue.

The guy suggested that if there's a firewall on your system, to disable it and try again.

I tried it and it didn't work for me, but maybe it'll work for you guys. Give it a shot.
~§~
LOL heheh good 'ol MS
I highly doubt a normal run of the mill firewall will block cookies. If your getting anything transferred from the site at all, the cookies should come too along with the other data (it's all on the same port and same data stream). Now of course these software proxies that call themselves firewalls (zonealarm, etc.) may be doing it. My guess is it's something with their browser. I read the other day that they put some sort of new cookie policy thing in IE6 too, I'm sure that's probably what is causing the havoc. I have seen people on other forums have the exact same problems (who aren't behind firewalls Wink ) They (MS) are just using there "we won't admit it's us" attitude :Smile

Here's a link where I got my info:
http://www.duxcw.com/faq/webmastr/privhttp.htm
I also implemented that fix on rblsquad's server Wink But I'm not sure if my fix, fixed Zara... He hasn't been home off the truck since I did it.
I copied this directly from the zone website when I accessed it with my mozilla browser.

http://zone.msn.com/secure/Signup_browse...efault.asp
Quote:To play on Zone.com you need a computer running Windows95 or greater and we recommend either Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater, or Netscape 6.2.3.

So, I downloaded Netscape 6.2.3 on my sons machine... I got the same message on the zone site when I accessed it from Netscape 6.2.3. heheh stupid MS.