Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hmmmmmm another new PC game..........
but should we get excited?  I think not.  at least not yet.  Lucas Arts new "brilliant" endeavor will be known as Star Wars:  Empire at War.  And bear with me this is very very painful for me to report, but it's going to be a real time strategy pos.  from the preview I read on happypuppy.com (preview was done by gamespot) think of this game as a combination of Galactic Battle Grounds and Rebellion, wait didn't this idea already suck as force commander??????  Ohh joy oh joy.  Seriously what is lucas arts coming to?  RPG's, and RTS's seem to be their sole focus now?  Do they not hear our cries?  We need a new game in the Xwing series that's not attached to Galaxies!!!!!  Sorry if I sound calous as I have enjoyed a couple of these off the main stream games.  kotor, kotor 2, and gbg I have enjoyed.  republic commando (holy crap a fps from la????) looks very promising as well.  there's a demo for it on the kotor 2 disc for the consoles.  anyways my rant is over, oh LA please hear our cries for help!  *S*
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I want LA's new "Mercenaries".

"i will use two grenades when one would have worked just fine."
"I will bepaid huge amounts of cash for things i'd prbably do for free."
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
I looked at all the screens for Empire at War and they look impressive.  Maybe I'm just jaded cause they have forgotten about the fighter pilots.  Anyways goku I agree with you mercs looks awesome.  If I can dig out of this snow we got last night I'm gonna go rent it. 

"keep blowing stuff up"

"blow the living crap out of it"

"blow the living crap out of it some more"
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Well, it would seem that they made the expansion for Galaxies and they're leaving it at that for us fliers.  From the reviews I'm not very impressed of it.  Takes you forever to advance, even more so than with a ground pounder job I hear.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I don't think my ole comp could take galaxies anyway, but I just don't see why people get excited to pay $50 for the game, then $$ (however much subscriptions are) per month just to be able to play the game, plus your normal $$ for internet access.  just doesn't make sense to me, especially for a game like galaxies that has frankly been slammed in the reviews pretty harshly.  And I'll need a new comp before I could try empire at war too but at least repulic commando will be on xbox, I can handle that lol..
The game has been slammed pretty hard...but it's been a blockbuster apparently in sales.  Apparently many people don't care. 

The game and the expansion are too rigid.  Not nearly fluid enough, in either skill pickup or in gameplay, I think. 
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Same goes for WoW. Shame too cause Blizzard dumped everything they had into that game...

RIP Starcraft: Ghost

You...shall...be...AVENGED!
=========------
RBL_Vapor
Cobra Squadron
Ok, I have to defend SWG on the behalf that I love the EverQuest game (hate EQ2) and I loved the MMORPG factor of SWG, but it disapointed me that they made piloting so dificult and also that they made the advancements so slow! Before my acnt went inactive, I was still flying a basic Tier 1 Tie Figher (Yes Ofcourse I'm an IMP! but actually I fly on my own, ask aslan, i blew up blenty of imps for him too ) I was in a Teir 1 tie (as i said) flying against teir 3-4 x-wings, b-wings, z-95's and a-wings..... They made it a bit too dependant on craft power and pilots "earned" skills rather than the pilots actual skills..... I'd get into dogfights with 4 ot 5 teir 2 and 3 craft and after a while they'd finally win, when honestly I could easily destroy them!  >Big Grin

Ok before I get lost on a tangent, I'm very disapointed in LA for not working with us pilots, and I can say that SWG wasn't what it should have been, and yes the MMORPG is a ripoff factor, but the pay-to-play is so tht their developers continually work on the game (Was the same with EQ for 5 years) and so forth....

Unfortunately WoW is getting ravashed in the reviews, but I've talked to many of the MMORPG fans and WarCraft fans and they love it. My friends (Who I knew on EverQuest - about 30 of them) have all moved to the same server on WoW and they absolutely love it.

I really do like the Jedi Knight series a lot, and I've been playing StarWars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast lately, because I found it lying around in my room. I heard that Jedi Academy 2 is absolutely awesome, and that some of the other newer Jedi Knight games are also great, and I'm hoping that LA continues on those, tried to focus more on the Pilot games than they are, and REALLY REALLY hope that they don't move all focus towards MMORPGS.... Sad if they do

Sorry guys This post was almost pointles and I'm not able to focus much because I'm sitting in my computer Science class so thats my 1.5¢ .... not my 2 because I cant focus atm....

Man53 OuT!
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
Wink Well I have a new puter with the new AMD 64 bit  and a 6800 Geforce ultra and LOVING SWG.............................So I got to put my vote as FUn + for the game and we have a RBL village started on LOK complete with aslans Bar and grill. ;D So if you can ever play this game look me up on Gorath server and Iwill get you a house in the village heck may even get you a yw to fly!!
The Space Extension doesnt take so much CPU Power, its far better fps than the ground one.

Leveling in Space isn't that bad either. Just get a wingy and have fun flying, the advancement comes by itself.

If you don't want to get the XP on your own, hop as a gunner into some masters ship and let him leech you the points.

I am not far from master and I am offering to leech anyone from RBL to get to a decent level, beeing a shipwright I can even provide you with some sort of transportation.

I think it is alright to level, you need to adapt to the controls anyway.

Just dont expect a new XWA, possibilities are very limited, but a good dogfight like in XvT is more than possible.