Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FORGET THE MECHS GALAXIES IS COMING OUT WITH XWING VS TIE FIGHTERS
yes as far as I can tell Galaxcies is going to have updated XvT included in the game !! Check this out....
Set in the Star Wars timeframe between Episode IV and Episode V, this first extension to the Star Wars Galaxies opens 10 vast and distinct space sectors, spanning from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim, for players to explore while engaging their opponents in intense real-time combat or uniting with friends in battle or exploration . Players can embark on more than 100 new missions, venturing through asteroid fields, nebulae and space junkyards while honing skills in four new space-specific professions. The game also features two new and completely customizable species.

Starfighters and other starships will be featured in the expansion that can be used for both space exploration and combat, allowing players to join up with allies and fly familiar X-wings and TIE fighters into battle against faction-aligned opponents and AI-controlled ships. Transport ships similar to the well-known Millennium Falcon will also be added into the game, allowing players to venture through space with friends aboard .

Two new and completely customizable species
Four new space-specific professions
Fly X-wings and TIE fighters into battle
10 vast and distinct space sectors
Intense real-time combat
Embark on more than 100 new missions
This is just a taste of things to come! Keep your eyes on StarWarsGalaxies.com for the latest news and updates as we continue to release more information about Jump to Lightspeed during this year’s E3 to be held in mid-May.

Sounds Good to me and the grphics look good too!! Just maybe Fun!! :o
Check out my post on the SWG Comm, some more info included there...

only problem I see here is the main problem a few of our members already have with galaxies. you buy galaxies for say $50, then the expansion for probably $50, plus internet charges..........then a subscription fee just to play. Sorry gents, won't see me here. Hopefully LA will just develope a new space sim soon.
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I have to agree with Ace, I mean fcol already by the game pay for ur computer and internet then they want to charge to play the damn thing too? I mean thats one reason I dont have a console, although with a console u dont have the cost of computer and internet so I can see some point to it......
Anyway for those that can and do, have fun..... 8)

Az
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
It sounds good and all, but i've got to agree with Azis on this one.

and besides, i think ace and i would like to see us expand into MW4...
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Roger Roger goku me boy!!!! *S*
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
well considering I'm incredibly ignorant, i'm currently investing time into 2 MMORPGs and i have Galaxies sitting on my computer desk installed, but not subscribed....

Lineage II
EverCrack
Starwars: Galaxies.....

what else is going to drain my wallet and my life?

I ran to the stores with news of the new "addition" to the game, hoping that shortly after i'll be flying with my friends....

Buahahaha I cant wait! You'll most definitly see me atleast try to get my craft off the ground, and wallet into the trash can....

Wonder if they will have an Joy-stick compatability (Ofcourse they will!)