Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one know
Of any reliable cable or dsl providers that serve Iowa or the midwest in general? The only major advertisements we see here (near Cedar Rapids, Iowa) are for either Mediacom cable, or Qwest for dsl. From the research I've done both of these companies pretty much suck, but they seem to have a monopoly on this market and don't look to be improving anytime soon, why would they with no competition?? While I know it may still be a while before highspeed net service is a reality for me, I'd like to know whats out there to make an educated decision when the time is right.

ace
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
There's not a whole hell of a lot here in the midwest man. Earthlink or AOL is probably your best bet, but only around the really large cities, that's where they get their money after all.

There's smaller companies though that provide some decent dsl service, but you can forget cable probably for a long while.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I'm so hoping adelphia or comcast would get service here. from what I read they are both very reliable
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code