Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd thought just occured to me...
Where exactly would RBL be in the SW universe? I don't think we ever really picked an area. I always played it as if we were in the Outer Regions or something.

Any thoughts?
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
From a simi historical stand point. I would think it was indeed on an outer rim territory. You could not have been too far from OBS space and OBS was garrisoned on and around Ambria. A planet located in the "Stenos Node" area.

Figgers the rebs didn't even know where they were...gotta admit though, made it tougher for us Imps to find them. lol
Well, when you start off being based only on ships that you 'borrow' once in awhile, it makes sense that we had no sense of home. Or sense of direction either. Wink

Course that...was all part of the plan. MWUAHAHAHAH!!!!
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
an odd thought Tank??? Come on thats the only type of thought you've ever had. :p

But yeah I always thought we were in the outer rim somewhere not too close not too far and all that Smile But then again (before Tank can say it) *Ahem* I never think!

;D
What? I would never make such a claim about you Wraith. Why I am absolutely insulted and embarressed that you would believe such a thing.

Although I must admit that I am shocked that someone of your obvious intelligence and ability has yet to find gainful employment in either the food service or housekeeping industries here on the station. I know Aslan has been asking for you to help out in the kitchen... ;D

Joking mostly aside for the moment...I was just curious, mostly because I'm thinking of copying a map of the SW galaxy and putting a "YOU ARE HERE AT RBL HOME" sign on it.
~§~
Wouldn't that be stupid for a hidden base?

Is it possible to put "attachment" files on this messageboard? I found a picture similar to what your looking for Tank.
I've always thought we were indeed in the outer rim, but I thought we were a few dozen lightyears from Adumar. Would make sense as the station was built about a year after Adumar joined the New Republic.

And Pyn, those ships were like our homes, that's why we defended them so well. ;D

It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
(12-08-2003, 07:45 AM)IPG_Pynaegan link Wrote:Is it possible to put "attachment" files on this messageboard? I found a picture similar to what your looking for Tank.

You can post a link, attachments have been disabled due to disk space limitations Wink
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Ah, the almighty Holmes!! ¤§¤

You should have a pretty good idea of where we are.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.