Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up!
Just checked the bsc page to see if the official stats were posted for nov wow. Not there yet, but I do have some news from bsc. As many of you know I have my issues with how they operate, but I do think they provide a good service. Before you can do anything on the page as of yesterday, you have to reconfirm that you have a working email addy. If you don't do this I think they will delete you and you'll have to start from scratch again. This didn't bother me, but the article by shadow warrior did a little. These people provide a quality service and we are all greatful for what they do. But I believe that the behind the scenes things that go on at DC Hero and Co. should stay behind the scenes. What really gets my goat is that over the past few months they feel the need to keep reminding everyone that they are running a business, not a service. If many of you remember this is the same issues that inflamed the xvt community with the zone when they tried to drop xvt from their gaming list. BSC sounds like they are going to try to head that way. Shadow said that xvt will be kept running for now....but bsc is already looking for newer games and looking to redo the stat system. This stat system mind you is based on xvt and xwa. They said that they will be dropping games that have very little support. They even are quoted as saying they believe xvt and xwa are dying out. That's the same thing the zone said before they got a war from the pilots. While I do agree that they stat system could use some tweaks, a total overhaul could damage our community and what we stand for. I know that most of this article is just one man's opinion, but I foresee bsc turning into a fight like we just had with the zone this past summer. Hopefully it won't come to that. Just wanted to warn everyone to keep your guard up. *S*
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Wasn't BSC set up as being part of DJO, or something along those lines?

Would be foolish to drop the games while there are still people playing them. Hell, they have a form of power, maybe they should be working with LA to try to get a replacement out, or something along those lines.

Thanks for the headsup though Ace. I had to do the email thing too, thought it was a bit strange.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
MAN!!! First the Zone, now BSC, who next? Lucasarts themselves??
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
That's what I found odd about it too. DJO and BSC are basically run by the same people. Read shadow warrior's post on the bsc message board. that's where I got this info from. You'd think they would be leading the charge to get Tie Fighter 2, or XVT 2 or something along those lines hehe
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I wish they would make an XvT 2 or an XWA 2. Include all the obscure and little known ships in there as well, you know? i'm sure that the Jedi Starfighter would be awsome to fly.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
not to mention having the E-Wing, TIE Raptor, TIE Vampire, TIE Oppressor, K-Wing and the Outrider as flyable ships that come with it. That would be awsome. probly cost a fortune, but i'd be willing to pay it for a new XvT or XWA game, you know?