Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsuck heads up
It seems they changed another crucial zone file and now I can't get in. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting the proxy error file. And it says it is trying to send me the new file, but my comp is blocking it. I don't know how that is possible. I don't have a firewall.......????

ace
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Don't know what to tell you man. Figuring that if you're not getting in, I sure wouldn't, but I didn't have a problem.

Yet.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I tried to get in 10 times, and said screw it and deleted everything. Now it won't even let me re dl the zone files. They have this page so *&^%$#@ up it's not funny.
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Methinks i've found a way to do it. You've already deleted your zone file, right? Well, make sure you have NO firewall whatsoever in place, even if it the crudy ones that sometimes come with operating systems (ex. WXP, NT, 2000).

Then go and try to dl the new files. It worked for me. Of course, i also lowered my entire Norton defense to do it. Try disabling whatever virus protection you have for the duration of the download. Should work then.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Guys I can't explain the details but I'm back in action. I have no idea why this affected it, but hey I'm back. Just got the dl done and I'm sitting in the game lobby. It's 3:55 pm cst. I'm not staying on for now, but I'll be back online later tonight to get some wow matches in. Here's what I did. I'm on dial up and I use netzero highspeed. the high speed part is just supposed to help graphics and pages load like a cheap dsl line. I shut off high speed to do the dl and all the sudden it worked. So look out mates I'll be flyin tonight
What fortuetous timing Ace. I told Pyn last night I was flying tonight and lookie! I have a wingie now!! ;D
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Don't forget about the Saiyan!!! I'm flying to!!

*hops into his new X-Wing, nussles down into the Wookie fur seat cover givin to him by Aslan, and warms up his engines*

Let's rock!!
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.