Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update
;D

Earthlink cable is getting installed Saturday....WOOT!!!!!

Now if I can just solve my joystick delimma.

Hope to fly with you soon.
RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron
Mate here are my suggestions hehe. I have a logitech wingman force feedback. It works great for me. 3 axis, 8 buttons, and it's programmable. and I think it also has an 8 way pov hat, but I never use it lol.

I've also heard comm chatter in the zone saying the side winder by microsoft is also pretty good. Haven't used it personally. and don't know the specs hehe. ofcourse there are probably some others out there too. feel free to post them up mates.

ace
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I recomend, for a good USB joystick, the Saitek ST200 Gold. A VERY good joy with 3 axis's, 6 buttons, 2 8-way hats, no force feedback, but it's extremely durable and instantaniuosly reacts to commands. That and Ace's suggestion of the Side Winder are pretty good.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
The Sidewinder is pretty good. 3-way axis, 8 buttons, at least a 4-way hat and throttle control. Totally programmable. Works well with XvT for certain. And it's USB and completely supported by MS.

The original Force Feedback Pro though...isn't. >Sad

It's also not that expensive either. I think about.....$30 or around there.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
yeah lol I forgot to mention I have the force feedback 3d..........and it is usb compatible and all that jazz lol. But to be totally honest, the best stick I've had for xvt was my very first ch flight stick pro lol
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
8)Saitek Gold usb is the stick of Choice for all Ewoks!!
Well having been thru enuff joysticks in my XvT career to actually buy40% of any one companies stock, (I am seriously hard on me stick Tongue) I tried MS, Saitek, CH and finally landed with Logitech wingman. It seems to have the best feel without FFB and I have tried the force sticks but cant hold up to my abuse. I went from replacing a stick ever 2 months to 6 to 9 months once I started using the wingman 3Dxtreme. That has now been replaced by the 3Dxtreme pro, which so far has proven to be just as durable, added some buttons as well as repositioned some and the throttle. And as always it is USB and fully programable not that I program mine I just set it up in whichever game I use it with (Xvt, XWA, Crimson Skies and all the CFS and reg flight sims). I think it is a steal at 30 to 40 bills also.
Now here is a kicker! In the last 2 years I have been thru about 8 of these sticks, now mind you I have 3 computers that a few different people game on, but have not spent over 40 bills on all of them. How you ask ahaaa!! WEEEELLLLL, ya see Comp USA has this deal where if you buy periphials, for an extra 5 bucks you can get a 1yr replacement. Now for me this has been one heck of an investment as I have not had a stick last over 9 months. Also if your model goes out the replacement allows for any of equal value or even more and you just pay the diff. They do ask for a reason for return but even if its bcuz I dont like it, I have never been ?ed.
Anywho it is a good option for anyone looking to try somin or just upgrade.

Az
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!