Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Galaxies
Only 41 days left till the release.

It's time to decide what part our club want's to play in it, if any at all.
There is already very detailed information about the game aviable.
Apart from the official site( http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/ ) many fan sites can be found, these two for example:
http://www.slicerhq.com/index.php
http://swg.stratics.com/index.shtml

Many clubs added SWG sections to their roster and plenty clubs where founded just for SWG.

Every player can only have one character per server, which means if ReBeL wants to participiate as a team we need to discuss on the very details.

There is still enough time to build up a section, but we should get going soon.

I want your thoughts and ideas on that.

I'm mostly interested in the pilot expansion pack of that game. I never got into role playing games that much, too boring for me... more of an action guy I guess. So if the pilot or is it flight? expansion pack is any good thats probably what part of the game I'll be playing most.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
I think it will be the same with flying as with fighting.

You don't need any skills at it yourself.
You just set the order of actions your character will do. For example:
You select a target, fire, lay down, fire, aim, aim, barrage
So your influence on the outcome is rather tactical.

I guess it will be the same for combats in space.

The only question that i have? O by the way i am Game for playing this.... If we are going to play it as a Group. Do we need to register as a clan exp.. i use to play Ulitma Online, and if u wee in a guilld it had to be registered with UO. just a thought.....the resaon i say regiseter is because i have been playing some of all fears lately and the is a clan with the same name as ours ReBeL and its typed that excat way....
Norghi
You can found PAs (Player Association). You need to set a name and an abbreviation for it.
There are different server aviable, all independent from each other, it should be possible to have the same names on different servers.
I don't think you can ransfer characters from one server to the other, thats why ReBeL should make a decision soon, otherwise we all will be scattered across different servers, and will never meet.

I really wouldn't have a clue Norghi. The one who'd know the most is Dark...course he's stuck in some shadow somewhere doing who knows what with Galaxies.

What's going to be a problem for folks like me (jobless, pennyless...you get the idea) is trying to pay for the game server along with internet in order to just play. The stats and whatnot are going to be something else entirely.

Hey Norg, are these other ReBeLs going to play SWG?
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Heh I'd love to talk about it but I just.... can't =P

<Runs away>
I'm very interested in the Fighter expansion. Does anyone know how they are formatting it? Is it going to be calculated "tactical" battles or will we be able to fly like in xvt with a flight engine ect??? Personally I'm also hoping for a new member of the Xwing family...and have signed the petition.

Ace out
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I fear "real" fighter pilots, like we are will be disappointed.
The ground combat will be round based, even though it's realtime. It needs more tactic than skill from the player.

They just officially announced that the release will be delayed, what a surprise Tongue

And hey Dark, you can talk about the game as much as you like. There is plenty official info aviable, you just aren't allowed to publish info you took from the beta or the beta boards.

And of course we don't even know that you are in the beta, since you aren't allowed to tell wether you particpiate or not.

Simon the problem with me talking is that I don't folow the developemntal boards any more so I have ALOT of andvance knowledge that they released to the Testers but not to the public so after 6+ months of testing it gets hard to discern between what has and hasn't been released and I really don't wanna run the risks Smile.