Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RL Meeting campground info.
For those of us still frequenting the commlink, go here to get the information I have so far on Basswood Country Inn Resort, where we'll hold the RL meeting this year.

I'll be emailing everyone I possibly can who's been in RBL. If you know someone who was in RBL at one time or another, send them that link, even if they won't be able to make it, for whatever reason. All RBLs are invited to this, and I'm taking care of the few non-RBLs that'll be joining us for that time period.

Please note the dates on that page. We need to decide on the dates when to have this, and we need to do this now before people start to call Basswood and try to get reservations.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
was wondering, any idea where or when the next one will be held?
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Heh, well, might be at the same place. But we'll have to wait and see how this one turns out first.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
hmmmm, when do you think it will be?
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
When we finally get around to it. Took us 2 years to build up to THIS one.
~§~
Looking into the clear summer skies from a freshly plowed field of Kansas/Missouri is a spec of a wandering frail bird....injured? distraught? As the spec grows larger it appears not of nature but of mechanical sorts? As it comes even closer the sputtering of pistons pounding and exuast fumes spilling become ever more apparent. Some one acclaims "Da plane Da plane" to everyones astonishment as they look around in disbelieve, all appear innocent and bewildered. As the wobbly image comes into sight it appears that it is a lone single engine plane appearing to be unpiloted. Setting down making a 1 point then 2 point and finally a perfect 3 point landing before nosing over in the soft tilled dirt, the seemingly pilotless plane disembarks a strange little brushheaded sort! The small frail and bold figure exclaims "Take to your shoes for I can shine them like no other" Once said the small figure abruptly falls into the softened earth face first, brush in hand!!!

Can only hope all will allow me to make the meeting all but not lookin good so far. Would love to return to my homeland for a visit and see all of you as well but ........lots to come in this world in the next few months so only time will tell.

Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Wraith had a good idea...set up a poll for the dates. Amazing what a little edumacation does to ol Wraith. ;D

I'll set that up with the dates that we have to work with and majority rules on the dates. Or something like that....ack, college thinking is wearing me out lol.
~§~
MONDAY....................TUESDAY..................WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!

Wow I'd love to go, but thats a LONG way for me to go from home for a campin' trip Smile

Maybe in a few years it will be more accessable for me, and I'd really love to meet all of you guys and gals, as I've known some for many years now, and have yet to hear RL. voices, let alone see them (Except Slash with his Katana)

Well guys enjoy the meeting and Sorry I wont be able to attend, but I'll be there in spirits, and remember if you see a "shooting-star" its not really a star, its me trying to test my tie out and its falling a-part and blazing mid-flight.

☼§☼ Man53 OuT!

Keep safe good friends.
My 8 yr old son and I stayed at Basswood a couple weeks ago. I can say first hand that it is a very nice place. They have wireless internet too for those who are addicted. Tongue They have a pretty good website with pics if you want more info http://www.basswoodresort.com/

As far as reservations went, I had no problems reserving a suite only 2 days ahead of time, they werent very busy when we went.

Would be cool if RBL could get together there sometime.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!