Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I HATE THESE MESSENGER POPUPS!!!
Anyone out there know how to stop those annoying messenger popups i get unless I go to services and turn off my messenger service.I am not talkin about just those ones you see when you surf some pages.Heck it pops on even when i dont have my IE on!! I was thinking of deleting my messenger and trying again but i hate to do that. I tryed using my anti vurus but it didnt help nor did my adware. I wonder where they hide their stuff on my puter??HELP SOS and i dont want to spend money if I can help it. SOS HELP!! :-\

Aslan The big blue One
Hater of Messenger Popups!!
You and me both furry one.

Holmes, Rep...one of ya guys should know how to get rid of them things. I think they're parasites that let the ads get in.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Can you be more specific?
What kind of popups? Do you mean MSN messenger starting by itself, or do you mean those admessages you get through the messenger? Or are you talking about another messenger platform?

Well for web site pop-ups you can use a different browser altogether, Mozilla has built in pop-up killer, or you can download a pop-up killer that works for IE. As for msn messenger itself, you don't have to use there software to access MSN Messenging service. You can uninstall messenger, or disable it from starting up period and use something different... Trillian works pretty goodfor all the major IM services, so does GAIM both of which are free. Trillian has a pro version you can buy, but the free one will always be free. There are other free products, but IMO those 2 are in the top 5 good free ones to use.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
trillian sounds like it would work. I like YM and aim better myself, but that's just me
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
(02-21-2003, 02:21 PM)Goku1 link Wrote:trillian sounds like it would work. I like YM and aim better myself, but that's just me

Trillian and GAIM both have YM, AIM, MSN, ICQ, and IRC built in. You can use all services at once with one client. Using either of them over the real client(s) is a matter of personal preference.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
i spose. oh well, tank's on YM, so i use that.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
try having a server that gives you pop ups about ever 30 min cause they have a contract with companies to put the ads on our college campus. IT sucks. I use opera as my browser its very good at keeping the ads out but it wont help with messengers so good luck.
RBL_Gunslinger
I'm using Trillian for over a year already and it's pretty good.