Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Dec. 20
Launches on Dec 20, early access for pre-orders begin Dec 15.
Who all is going to play?

SWTOR Jedi Knight [HD]
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Oh heck yeah I am a beta tester for the game ...well I was for a few minutes last week LOL... how is everyone????
Looks interesting.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I'll be playing... for the first month anyway lol.
The beginnings of a play guide already here (contains spoilers): http://www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/
☼§☼

Prepare yourselves fellow members of RBL...........Holmes I have come to the decision that you will have a new grass hopper for the ole republic on tuesday.  I am going to get a 3 month time card as well so I'll be in there over the winter for sure.  after that I don't know but if this game lives up to the hype I may be in for the long haul.  With that said I am a complete MMO noob............so guidance will be necessary.  have a couple questions first though.  How many accounts can you have on one subscription?  I ask because my wife will also want to get in on this.  we only have one comp so we won't be on at the same times, but I know she will want to play too.  Secondly I have some games I play on consoles too so I won't have a ton of time to put into this game.  Can I get a great experience just being a casual player?  May only have an hour or two a night, and may not be able to play some nights.  Lastly my biggest concern is what happens to my toon when I have to be out of town?  Xmas and the week after I'll be away and won't be able to be online to play for that time.  Will my character be dead when I get back?  Ect ect ect....................................and I will need help orienting to the friends list and party system too hehe.  RBL'ers be ware.....Ace and R2Vader are coming to the ole republic!
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
:o  Awesome!
You can have multiple characters on one subscription account... I can't remember how many, I think around 8. However only one login allowed, which means you can only play one character at a time. Which in your case sounds like it would be fine.

You should have just as much fun at casual play as hard core. When you log out nothing happens to your character or your stuff. Mainly you just want to log out in a safe spot so when you log back in your not spawning into a group of baddies lol. While there are some death penalties, there is no perma-death in the game so no worries even if it does happen.

I've already set up a Republic character (Holmes) on the Corellian Run server (i pre-ordered and got in on early access), it is PVE server, so no player gank squads. If you want to roll on that server we can hook up in game (if you are also republic faction). You can of course roll on any server you like or either faction.

They have done things regarding faction that is a little different than I'm used to. Basically Republic and Empire players don't hardly interact or see each other until very much later in the game (e.g. when all levelled up, end game stuff). I think they have even limited it so opposing faction cannot email each other in game (i need to confirm this but heard it in chat recently).

Be glad to give guidance where I can, and look forward to seeing you in game!
Ok good to hear that the multiple characters per subby is confirmed.  the one log in will be fine with us too.  when she's on the comp I'll just play other games on the xbox lol.  ohhhhhhhh do have one more question mate.  I have a wired xbox 360 controller that is plug n play compatible with windows games that support game pads.  Can I use this for the ole public or am I stuck with the key and mousy?

Alrighty man I'll join ya on Corellian Run fighting for the Republic.  Am either going to be a Jedi Knight or Smuggler.  Character Name will be Ace Highlander (lame I know but am gonna roll with it lol)  I plan to follow you around like a lost puppy till I get my feet wet LOL.  All communications will have to be via in game email or text chat.  I have no mic for voice chat hehe.  Hope to see ya sometime tomorrow........Probably round 8 or 9 pm cst.  That is as long as I don't have any issues with install or get lost on the Corellian Run LOL  ☼§☼
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Sounds good mate, I'm excited to see you in game Smile

I'm not sure on the controller (or if they even support it). Being that the keyboard is used allot I'm not sure it would work without some kind of helper application.

On a side note, Bioware is hinting that they may be making "significant" changes to the space part of the game in the future.... maybe because of the public outcry of how lame the current one is lol

Any other RBL'ers gonna join in? Aslan where'd yea go mate?
Snoopy?
Tank?
Az?
Bueller?
Waldo? ... oh thats me lol
Seen this guy in game and I just had to take a screenshot:

[Image: i1z2ib.jpg]

If any of you have seen the movie Super Troopers you will understand lol ... btw the character in that pic is a Republic Trooper too lol