Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for donations
I've kept RBL going for over a decade now. The costs have been about 100 bucks every 3 months. While these costs were not a big deal over the years, with current financial situation at home I do not have the means to keep the server going. (It's been difficult just acquiring food lately). So I'm asking if you all find the site useful and want to make a small donation to help keep it going, you can use the button in the upper right of the forum screen to do so.

Thanks
*salute*
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
I know a credit/year is kinda cheap, but it all I can do man  Sad

We should tackle Tank, he just tossed a nice fresh shiny credit card on the bar at Aslan's..... ;D

I'm right with ya bro, hang in there....

Peace

~§~
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
I can certainly relate to the situation you're currently going through Holmes, having been there myself just a few years ago. Unfortunately, though my circumstances have improved somewhat since then, I'm far from financially sound as yet and much like Azis, what little I could contribute would be a drop in the bucket.  :'(

It brings up an interesting question though : Should we even TRY to keep RBL going on life support at this point?

Consider the rarity of ANY of the founders of RBL even making a visit to this site lately, to say nothing of the lack of activity on the commlinks by anyone in recent months, myself included. BSC has somehow been altered yet again, so that none of us have been able to reactivate our code names on it for RBL to participate in any games we support, NOT that there's been alot of activity in those games ANYWAY. Lastly, I think everyone has pretty much given up hope of an updated version of xvt or xwa ever being made.
I'd be VERY interested in hearing from Zara(or any of the other original members for that matter) on this topic and what, if any, help they might be able to contribute towards RBL's continuation, if such is the consensus.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
☼§☼ Brothers and Sisters of RBL ☼§☼

Not quite sure what to say here.  Holmes thank you for all you have done to keep us on the web.  I'm one that has no idea what goes into making and maintaining a web page so I had no idea that kinda cost was involved.  $100 every three months or so really adds up.  Alas I'm hit by the same plague that the others have at this time.  I R L am working in education.  So money is tight but I get by.  Had a nice little savings account building up.....................then my comp crashed again resulting in spare parts to be bought, my car broke down and had to be fixed, and my land lord decided to raise my rent.  Things are no longer good financially for me lol.  I would have had another bucket of change to toss into the well *trying to use snoop's metaphor lol* but with the above stated problems, even that is gone.

When my comp went down from Halloween to roughly xmas I too was hit with the dreaded BSC inactivity bug.  Usually not a prob, but this time the link to get back into the clan is broken.  So that would need to be addressed if we wish to remain active at BSC.  Really hope it doesn't come to us having to disband and go our seperate ways, as I love you all like brothers and sisters Smile  The lack of any quality star wars games in the past few years disturbs me greatly.  That is all it would take to get us out of hibernation........................*this is a whole other soap box I could ramble on about lol*  I do see some of you on XBL but not nearly as often as I'd like.  To those of you that were there, flying the star fighter mission on Halo Reach with RBL pilots was a dream come true!  Hope to see you guys online soon.  Anyone else that plays Halo or COD on XBL hit me up.  RBL Acehigh is my gamertag.  Whoa got off track there.....anyways I miss gaming with ya'll and miss the craziness of the station.  I don't want to see us move on, but I'm not sure what can be done to keep going.  

Maybe this will help motivate us back into active duty.  There is a clan out there that goes by xRBLx on XBL.  Have mainly seen these guys in COD.  Specifically seen them the most in Black Ops.  This group is soiling the RBL name.  They are evil hackers who practice dishonorable tactics on the field of battle.  Hacking to gain an unfair advantage, spawn camping, exploiting glitches for unfair advantage, hacking other's live accounts, ect ect ect............the list goes on.  I tried to contact this group via IM on XBL after a match in COD.  Got some very rude responses, and I'm 99.9% sure none of these folks are actual RBL'ers.  Let's get out there and get our name and rep polished up once again!  May the force be with you!  Viva RBL!
☼§☼

Capt.  Acehigh
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I think most here are missing what is really needed.
I know Jeremy is not asking that we all chip in to maintain RBL, that will go as it will. Honestly, I think some restoration in humanity and humility here would go so much further. Anyone with a job or any source of income, surely will not starve, freeze or die, by giving a mere 10 credits...in an empty bucket, that makes it not empty and gives options....support....hope....

Az
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Welp, my drop in that bucket has been added(wish it WERE as simple as using credits from SWG.....ah, well). Hopefully others will add theirs as well.  In the meantime, hang in there Holmes, things WILL get better...just a question of how long it will take.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Just got the 10-4, and I can definitely empathize.  I've donated a couple times over the years, I can certainly provide some again.  Might not be till Friday, but I know very well what it's like to be in dire straits and need some support from somewhere, anywhere.  

You've given a lot to the Squad as a whole over the years, more than has been given back.  And I admit I've been guilty of not giving much back as well.  Honestly, at this point, I would rather you were taking care of more immediate needs.  The site can always be brought back at a later date, reimagined, a new mission in life, maybe even turned into a  company or whatever.  Just because the site may shut down does not mean that RBL is dead.  RBL is the Squad, the members of it that have stuck in for years longer than most other squadrons that have existed.  We should be in a record book somewhere at this point.  

But we certainly don't keep coming back here for the gaming, cause frankly, a lot of us just aren't doing it (that's definitely me).  We do it because of the members, and despite the differences we've had in the past, we still stick around.  For Mama Wookie's stew, Aslan's rooties, R2Vader's eccentricities, Snoop's red baron fascination, Az's runins with Nurse C...and Holmes keepin this station, this place, this house that we visit every so often going when he could have called it quits at any time.  

So my recommendation Holmes is if you have to, be willing to close the site down for now.  We can set up a temporary free forum if we need to, and a lot of us have each other on some kind of email or IM program, and the site can come back at a later date.  

I can't give much right now, but I will give what I can.  Things will get better.  And one way or another, we'll still be here.  

Edit: As a follow-up, I've been informed that the fella who runs the Trekie site that I've frequented and brought RBL in (in RP form at any rate) may be willing to host the site on his server.  I can look into it and if it's true, then that'd be a $100 charge off your hands for awhile.  
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Thanks everyone for the support, every little bit helps. What has been put in the bucket thus far has enabled RBL to move to a different host that asks for much less in credits, while being able to retain use of our non web services... ie teamspeak, irc chat etc. So RBL is good for a couple more months now. Appreciate it guys.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
☼§☼

Sorry fellas it's been a while since I've dropped by. I know its not much, but I gave you what I can for now, hopefully it'll help out. We all appreciate what you do for us Holmes.

To all of my brothers here at RBL, life changes with expected and unexpected results, times have gotten rough on most of us, and all we can do through these times is support each other. You have all been here for me when I've needed support, and I hope in time to be able to return the favor if it is ever asked of me. Azis's thoughts are seconded, however, worry not if you cannot help now, for you have all helped in the past, and shall help again in the future.

To my brother Holmes: I will do as often as I can what I can for our family here at ReBeL.
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
Totally just dropped a good chunk of the next installment on yah, Holmes. I just got promoted at work, so I am now making more than enough bank to cover my bills and let me have money to play with. I plan on doing what I just did once a month. Should help out a bit ^_^
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.