Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A visitor approaches...
Well outside the normal patrols of the sector RBL normally covered, dropped a sleek, matte gray vessel from hyperspace, the four sets of engine nozzles flaring with a bright blue corona of energy.  With a gentle, almost lazy turn, it came about the edges of the asteroid field, and, broadcasting the appropriate codes to the patrol fighters, came in on a vector to land in one of the large hanger bays at the RBL Station.

"Incoming freighter, this is RBL Station, transmit clearance codes before attempting landing.  Acknowledge."  A voice crisply instructed via the comm. 

"RBL Station, this is Hawk One, requesting a landing at an available pad.  Transmitting codes now."  The ship continued to approach the station as codes were transmitted once more. 

"Hawk One, you are cleared to land at bay 3.  Please follow the guidance officer's instructions when you approach."

"Will do."

The ship slowly flew around the station onto its new vector, giving the crew aboard the structure a good view at it, if they happened to be looking outside at the moment.  A rather long vessel, it had the classic lines of a CEC starship, with a stocky frame and powerful looking engines.  It was well armed, with two heavy turrets, one top and bottom, and two other turrets in hard points near the engines.  A large amount of armor flaring braced the cockpit, giving it an almost rakish profile as it slowed further still, and approached the indicated hanger bay.  A guidance officer waved a pair of glow rods forward as the ship easily slipped into the hanger, and then deftly flew into position between a battered but very serviceable red winged TIE Bomber, and a TIE Interceptor.  The ship rotated in place, facing away from the bulkhead before lowering a set of landing gear.  With a hiss of thrusters and hydraulics, the ship touched down gently. 

Movement could be seen within the cockpit briefly as someone, the pilot most likely, moved towards the rear of the ship.  From the midpoint of the vessel, a pair of ramps lowered, and a short, stocky man stepped down them.  Dressed in tan trousers, well worn pair of boots, and a tan over-gi over a green shirt, his short red hair slightly disheveled, stood the long lost Jedi pilot, Tank. 

He looked around the place, stretching a bit as he did so, and feeling relief as his spine crackled a bit.  "It's good to be back."  He mused aloud, grinning slightly as he took in the scent of the hanger, of stale lubricants, air that was rapidly chilling even as the hanger doors closed once more. 

The red head walked up to the TIE Bomber and patted it.  "Now there's a warhorse if one ever saw one."  His grin widened, imagining that Az was probably out in his other fighter, an Awing, giving new pilots a run for their credits.  Turning back to his ship, he opened up a panel, and tapped on a recessed console, closing the ship back up before heading out to Aslan's for a long overdue mug of the big blue Wookiee's rooties. 

Maybe not so much a bowl of stew though.  It took him a week before he got the sudden hair growth under control.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
TANK!!! Welcome back!  ^Smile^

*Slips Tank's credit card over to Ace behind his back*

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
"I sense something.....something I've not felt since......"  ???  :'( "A free line of credit coming to an end"  :o Scurries off to Aslan's... ;D

Good to see ya Tank! Hope all is well man.
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
It's....well enough I suppose.  Just the usual joys, trials and tribulations of life and all that. 

That and dealing with the collection agencies for not paying off my tabs...which I amazingly have a lot of.  What the hell is Aslan putting in the rooties these days?!
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Heheh, come back into SWG and take up asteroid mining Tank, you'd pay off that tab in NO time. Latest hopefulls over in Starsider are trying to sell asteroid for 2.5 mil per 700 units!!!  :o  NOT a bad return for your investment(cargo hold of 5500 units mined in a 1/2 hr average) IF you get someone to actually BUY it at that rate,lol.  Speaking of which,(Azis, you'd LOVE this too) the credit farmers are offering to BUY credits now for $ 0.42 per million.  :Smile  Doesn't that just make ya wanna get back into the game?  :Smile :-X :Smile

Holmes will have to put up some pics of the RBL guild hall and his latest version of his tree house. I think he missed his calling as a decorator... :-4 Oh, yeah, can't forget his cafe either.

As for Aslan, that oversized blue ewok hasn't put in an appearance here in some time.  Starting to WONDER about what kind of effects one of his experimental rooties might have HAD on him...  ???
Snugged between two plasma conduits in RBL main engineering, Holmes relaxes in a hammock rocking calmly back and forth. The occasional chirp and the faint whir of the environmental controllers making their own quiet orchestra. The stations systems all perfectly in sync. "Just another quiet evening" thinks Holmes as he drifts in and out of sleep.

A click and small spark emanates from a relay switch controlling the hangar doors and a slight whir of power being shunted brings Holmes slightly into consciousness, "Eh I must be dreaming" he thinks to himself not hearing anything else and closes his eyes once again.

A few moments later the hangar environmental controllers spring to life as a draft of chilled air floods the compartment, Holmes sits upright "Maybe I wasn't dreaming" as he hears the familiar sound of star fighter engines. "Who could that be this time of night?"

He clumsily climbs out of the hammock, swaggering sleepily down the corridor to the hangar bay. As he rounds the corner through the doorway he sees a short red headed figure cracking his back. "Could it be?" he thinks to himself, "It is!"

"Now there's a sight for sore eyes, how the heck have you been Tank?!!" exclaims Holmes as he approaches.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Slipping behind Snoopy to discreetly take said card................Ace blasts into a blur of motion.  Running down the corridor with the speed the force allows a jedi to run, he quickly seeks out an obtuse looking astromech droid......................

"R2Vader quickly we don't have much time.  Make sure you purchase that Imperial Encyclopedia with this card.......and don't forget the spare parts we need for the ships and fighters!  Once you have done that alert Nurse C that we have a new arrival in the main hangar...........who needs a full physical examination.  Then we need to inspect that errrrrr well.....well.............ship to make sure there are no security breaches."

R2Vaders processors have already deduced the quickest course of action.  He manages a vague sigh and mimics the breathing apparatus worn by Darth Vader himself.  The droid cackles and in a voice almost like Vader's but a little higher says....

"Roger Ace, target aquired..................repeat  LOL  Hehehe  Target Aquired!!" 

Ace then proceeds to sprint back to the hangar as fast as the force can take him. 

"Ahoy Tank welcome back mate!  Your office is just as messy as you left it.  R2Vader said he has a surprise waiting for you........................"

Ace quickly runs over to Tank and deftly slaps him with a trout  ;D  "welcome back mate"
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Tank turned in the direction of the exclamation, and grinned.  "I've been well.  And it appears you are in the same boat."  He held out a hand to take the engineer's hand when Ace appeared, gave him the flurry of welcome...and proceeded to trout slap him.  It was amazing how much the Force conveniently neglected to warn him when that was coming.  Though after Ace's pronouncement, he did have a slowly growing knot of danger in the back of his mind.

He blamed that on the trout slap knocking the old gray matter loose.

Once his head stopped ringing, he silently cursed himself for forgetting about the trout, before looking at the other pilot, a bemused expression on his face.  "I see you've been keeping well...and the fish are rather well fed.  I'm not about to find that there's a Hutt sized one in my office, am I?"
~§~
*Sensitive, canine-like ears hears the conversation between Ace and Tank*

"DANG! Welp, srry, Jumbo", looking at the enormous trout he'd just placed in Tank's office, "looks like he's ONTO us, so it's back in the trout tank for you...."

Hmmmm, I wonder how the rest of the crew is doing with THEIR welcome home surprises?
Fieryone stumbles into the rowdy hanger, breathing heavily as if he had been in a dead run for fifteen minutes straight, "Oh...h..hey Tank! G-Good to see ya again, been forever!"
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!