Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June XVT WoW
hey guys can someone sign us up for xvt wow?  was trying to do it meself but got an error message saying that battlestats is an untrusted connection..................wanna fly this weekend too, so hope to see ya'll out there Smile
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
^Smile^
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
thanks man appreciate it Smile  not just point the scrub brush in the right direction and I'll fly towards the shadow to find ya LOL............... :-4
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
As of this posting, RBL_Snoopy is the only XvT pilot flying for your club. And he's in first place overall in the whole event. That probably won't last, but it's worth note since there is 13 or 14 other pilots from four different clubs playing...
http://www.battlestats.com/events/view.php?3641
hopefully will be able to get some games in tonight......real life issues have grounded me this month.....can't wait to get back to the skies Smile
Ok. Final results for June's WoW are in. Out of 5 clubs with members flying, RBL placed 2nd overal with only myself flying and apparently my grasp of 1st place, as TFA_Quantum mentioned earlier, has held. A shame we didn't have more pilots flying, 1st place overal among participating clubs might have been ours. Ah well, perhaps when July comes by.  >:/ <)Smile >:/
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
great work snoop dawg!  things should be more settled for me next month, hopefully I can get some xwa in this week. 
^Smile^
Great Job WWI flying Ace  8)

Now, guess who wins the Honor of updating the awards page  :-4
The following is a report from battlestats I submitted and the reply. For these and other reasons, I do not consider it to be a fair and friendly gaming environment. So forgive me as I choose to no longer participate.

Fly well and die hard  8)
Quote:I am hoping for a better understanding of how the math works in determining the stats and how they apply to player ratings in events.
I am certain this has been addressed before and if there is more info than the simple weighting breakdown, I would appreciate a reference.

Specifically the current event (Nov WoW) in Xwing Alliance.

TIA

~§~

Azis
Any related BSC ID(s) or URL(s) http://battlestats.com/events/view.php?3081
Report #2
User NightBlade (46128)
Date 29/05/2010 14:16:01
Report To SysOp Rodeo (3), SysOp Jedi_James (2684), SysOp 8ball (15430), SysOp Lord Seaba (21725), SysOp Liberty1776 (22678), SysOp JesterJim (40060), SysOp Swedish (40902), SysOp NightBlade (46128)
Suggestion details I apologize for the staff not getting back to you in a timely manner. I understand that sometimes the math of how an event scoring system works can be confusing. The problem is that each event math system is setup by each administrator for the event.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's not the same guideline that is followed for every game, it depends on how the person setting up the event wants to score it. If you have an issue with a particular event and how the scores are weighted then I would suggest that you take the matter up with the administrator of the event, and they can elaborate further.

Unfortunately there is no way for a table to be referenced or anything like that which outlines a general scoring system.

I hope this has helped get you in the right direction to having your issue resolved.
Report #3
User Azis (10123)
Date 26/06/2010 15:21:07
Report To SysOp Rodeo (3), SysOp 8ball (15430), SysOp Lord Seaba (21725), SysOp Liberty1776 (22678), SysOp dogpea (32878), SysOp JesterJim (40060), SysOp Swedish (40902), SysOp NightBlade (46128)
Suggestion details Thank you NightBlade for your attention and information.

~§~
So much for clarity, eh?  ??? I've heard rumors of changes taking place both in DJO and at BSC for some time now. Perhaps some of those changes have already started at BSC, because I'm still scratching my head on how I managed a 1st place showing as a pilot in the June WoW(not that I'm complaining, mind). OR, as sent back to you in reply, it's simply the way the administrator of the event chose to weigh them this time round......talk about moving the goalposts between events.... :o

Ah well, at least it made for a decent showing for RBL.  ;D
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.