Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RBL has a new system core
I've been a busy bee in the innards of the station. RBL now has a brand spanking new management system. The interface to this system is only visible to Officers (or higher ranked) members of RBL. The Officer Access links will show up in the Members section of the site, and will only show up if you are logged in to RBL (via the commlink).

As a result of this new system we have some cool roster, bio, awards, event and game features. Also our rosters are now CURRENT.
All member data is now in a database, and thus no html web page updates are needed to change that info.

What does all that mean?

Well it means if someone gets and award or a promotion, all an officer has to do is set that info using the new management interfaces, and the info is automatically displayed in the appropriate places throughout the site. No longer do we have to do html/ftp updates to set that information.

Another neat feature, we've always had our division patch in our bios. Well if someone changes divisions, the proper patch for your division is automatically displayed, no need to worry about changing the bio.

I have issued awards for our last XvT Wow, and also gave everyone a newly created award for participating in RBL's 10th, which has not ended yet... participating means simply showing up and saying HI!

I have not gone back through all the old awards and inputted them into the new system yet. That's allot of work for one guy so I may need some help there... hey what a great chance to try out the new management system ;D If you need links to that old data please request such in the Officers comm.

I've also updated our Help section. I've added some info on where we do matchmaking now, and also added a howto on getting XvT/XWA to work properly on modern systems (which also includes a tip on how to make ALL ships flyable in XWA). I also updated our game updates page to pull game info from the new RBL system, there is much useful info there now.

That's all for now

Holmes out

*S*
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Thank you Holmes, FANTASTIC job!  Errrr, Holmes???  *Hears loud snoring coming from the vents*  k, Sleep well.  :-X
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
cool! lol ;D
use the schwartz!
-----------------
[Image: b00mer1.png]
(12-28-2009, 08:50 AM)RBL_Boomer link Wrote: cool! lol ;D

Oh btw welcome to RBL boomer! For those who don't know, he's my cub and second generation RBL pilot ;D He's been flying in the WoW's as of recent. Whitewolf of TFA has been learnin him some the hard way heheheh
[Image: banana.gif]

Who da man uh huh, who da man....

Looks awesome Holmes, thanks for all your time n efforts.
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Awesome Holmes!  Hope you didn't kill yourself making the fix-Holmes?  *pokes him with a stick* ...someone activate his backup clones, I think this one bought it.  :-X
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Awesome work.
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
nice work mate ☼§☼
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I have all awards transferred from the old pages... I think there are some major errors on those old pages as such I noticed in some old events the #1 rank given to all LOL Would like to clean it up but BSC does not have a link to the archived war results on the event page. I asked and maybe they will supply one.

I also have all awards updated for XvT events from present until 2006 or so when BSC implemented their new system. I have not even looked at XWA yet heheh.

You may notice in the members section we now have a Recent Awards and a Hall of Fame. Recent shows events/awards from present through the last 6 months. The Hall shows ALL awards from all time. The Hall of Fame is kinda neat   Wink

'Tis all for now

EDIT: P.S.  If you notice any incorrect data (and you know the correct data it should be) feel free to point it out. Snoopy found his BSC ID to be wrong... it had been listed wrong all this time in his old bio page. Post anything noticed like that here, or in Eng section or somewhere I'm sure will get noticed heheh
How dare you wake me up from my coma and not provide coffee...

Heads will roll... as soon as I can find said emoticon...

:o
=========------
RBL_Vapor
Cobra Squadron