Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightsabers anyone?
http://www.ultrasabers.com These guys are great. They build complete saber and do conversions on the Master Replicas Force FX sabers. I have an Anakin ROTS saber that was used as a display model in a store. Got suckered into THAT one on ebay... *grumbles* anyhow... To repair the dead LED strip in the blade, I tried taking the thing apart, only to find that the blade itself is fixed to the emmiter shroud of the saber, unlike the other MR FX series. That said, I did some snooping around and found these guys. Once converted, the saber has a much sturdier removable blade and feels alot more solid. It costs, with shipping, the same as buying a whole new saber from MR to convert it, but hey, it'll be worth it. I can junk a blade then replace it for like $25 instead of paying for a whole new saber!

Something to look into.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
I prefer http://www.randomsabers.com/ myself.  Nice selection at good prices.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
A REAL jedi makes his own  Tongue
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
[move]  <)Smile click me[/move]
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
(05-07-2007, 07:50 PM)Holmes link Wrote: A REAL jedi makes his own  Tongue

Perhaps, but this Jedi doesn't feel like spending all the extra money to do it all.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
(05-07-2007, 07:50 PM)Holmes link Wrote: A REAL jedi makes his own  Tongue

Eh, I started on that path, but I lack the equipment to give it proper justice. 

Course I was using that galvanized steel pipe stuff they use for plumbing (big thick pipe stuff ya know) which I imagine isn't exactly easy to modify.  Couldn't find rubber washers that would fit over it properly either. 

Would have been the heaviest saber on the planet...but guarrenteed to take a person out with a pommel of DOOM!  >Big Grin
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.

Ok guys....you are scaring me.

I know we may be Star Wars geeks but.......

Put down the lightsabre.......step away.......stay.......stay.

:o
RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron
Says the man holding the Katana in his bio. picture....
§lash, I'll take you 1 on 1, and we'll see who the victor is, based on that, we can decide if the saber talk keeps going! Smile
Actually, let me ask, do you have any formal training? If so, from where, what style, and with whom?
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
Bushido, Master Pak, currently training.
(05-14-2007, 02:58 PM)Man53 link Wrote: Says the man holding the Katana in his bio. picture....
§lash, I'll take you 1 on 1, and we'll see who the victor is, based on that, we can decide if the saber talk keeps going! Smile
Actually, let me ask, do you have any formal training? If so, from where, what style, and with whom?

Formal training.....err no.  That blade I'm holding.......not just show.
I sharpen my own blades and that one you could shave with.  No kidding, if you are brave enough to slide it down your arm, the hair pops off like popcorn.  ;D

But anyway, I couldn't see the need for formal training, not really practical.
You can't use it for self-defense, not very concealable.  And the police have rail-roaded people in the past for using "exotic" weapons.

Now my .45, yes had training with that.
If someone comes after me with a sword they will be full of holes before they get close.

RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron