Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arvoch Conflict
Just curious if anyone in RBL has had an opportunity to check out this new game demo.  It's sort of a next gen. version of XVT. I've only messed with it a little so far, but it looks promising. I'm curious about what the rest of you think of it. Here's the link:

http://starwraith3dgames.home.att.net/arvoch/index.htm
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Well its gonna suck the juice. I dont even meet the recomended system req's and barely meet the min.

Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista
- 512 MB RAM
- 64 MB 3D accelerated video card
- 150 MB Hard Drive Space (more for custom ships, cockpits, textures, HUD's, music and sound effects)
- 1.5 GHz processor
- 56K connection for multiplayer

Recommended Minimum System Configuration:
- Windows XP/Vista
- 1 GB RAM or more (1.5 GB for Windows Vista)
- 128 MB or higher DirectX compatible 3D accelerated video card or better
- 2.4 GHz or faster processor
- DirectX compatible HOTAS (Hands-On-Throttle-And-Stick) joystick controller
- High speed internet or LAN connection for multiplayer gameplay

Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
I'll check it out and see what I can find out Smile  finally meet the requirements to get new games lol until 6 months from now anyways lol. 
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Nice find, I'm gonna try it out.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
I'm impressed with how small the install file is, yet how rich the graphics are.. and it's smooth as butter heh.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
(02-23-2007, 11:54 PM)Acehigh link Wrote: I'll check it out and see what I can find out Smile  finally meet the requirements to get new games lol until 6 months from now anyways lol. 

That could be an understatement, when Vista gets cranked up I can forsee almost all software and gaming system requirements going about here at least.
Ne one seen that commercial for Mac, where the "PC" guy is in a hospital gown...heheheh its TOO true!

Hope its playable looks cool and they got tools for customizing so might be a community built type o thing Big Grin
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
snoop dog I've been searching the net for reviews, artilces, anything on this game and I can't find anything.  it's not listed on ign.com or happypuppy.com.  is this just an internet download game or is it retail?  either way it's odd that I can't seem to find any info outside of what the link supplies........

ace
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Welp, beyond that link, I have little additional info to pass on either.  I'd kinda hoped YOU'd know more about it, heh.  I DO know it's being given serious consideration over in DJO's officer leadership, but beyond that....nada.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
hmmmmmmm appears to be something cooked up by either a very small company or an individual programmer from what I can gather from the info on the link.  my initial theory is correct though, there is no other bit of info on this out there.  which can be good or bad lol.  I'm leary of trying something like this when the developer and programming team is ???????  but if it works I may check into it further.  let me know what the rest of you lads think. 
Downloaded and ran it a few times, this is going to prove to be an interesting game, I'm not sure what the final version of it is going to look like, but it makes me feel like I'm flying in SWG again....

I'll have to configure my controls and such as to make it more like XvT Smile but maybe this can be the future of a lot of our gaming.
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!