Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oshkosh
Anyone interested in going to Oshkosh this summer? I'm making plans to go, not sure if I will fly or drive as I don't own a plane yet (rental would be very expensive heh).

http://www.airventure.org/
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
It would be awesome to go, but as of right now, my plans for summer are very much up in the air.  My lease ends on this place sometime in either July or August, so...yea.  Sad

Probably better to drive up there, cost wise. 
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
They may not get unburied from the snow by July... :o
And sides,...pilots can't DRIVE to Oshkosh  :Smile  well maybe unless your lookin to BUY a plane there heheh.
Guess in that case you should rent a car to drive up  Tongue Not to mention they are giving away a Husky  ^Smile^

Have no idea what the budget may look like this year.
I do need to come back that way tho sometime and check in on toto  Wink My parents aint never met there grand daughter and I aint seen them in, hmmmm sheeesh 13 yrs now  :-X

I think I'd be afraid to try non-revin these days but I might give one of my buds a call and see how that is workin these days.
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
it would be cool, but im too young
(02-13-2007, 08:33 PM)hobovu link Wrote: it would be cool, but im too young

No way are you too young to go to Oshkosh... in fact you'd be one of the older kids there. My son is 11 and is goin with me  ;D
Heck I know people your age doing actual pilot training, and soloing at 16.  Wink

Now if your thinkin too young to get there on your own... well there are ways around that prolly. Pilots are a generous bunch and depending what part of country you live, one might be willing to give yeah a lift  Tongue

Or bring it up to your parents how cool it would be if you all had a family vacation there, show them pics of all the cool airplanes heheheh There's lots of places to camp, hotels too... and it's ok to drive up, many people drive to it to avoid the hectic air traffic comin in there, or because they poor like me and dont own a plane heheh

(02-13-2007, 06:51 AM)M1A2Tanker link Wrote: It would be awesome to go, but as of right now, my plans for summer are very much up in the air.  My lease ends on this place sometime in either July or August, so...yea.  Sad

Probably better to drive up there, cost wise. 

I hear yeah there.  I've got my parents talked into going up. It's too early in the year to know if we'll be going by wheels or wing heheh. Of course it all boils down to budget what we do here, but my son and I will definitely be up there somehow, even if it means taking the dang train heheh

(02-13-2007, 07:21 AM)Azis link Wrote: They may not get unburied from the snow by July... :o
And sides,...pilots can't DRIVE to Oshkosh  :Smile  well maybe unless your lookin to BUY a plane there heheh.
Guess in that case you should rent a car to drive up  Tongue Not to mention they are giving away a Husky  ^Smile^

Have no idea what the budget may look like this year.
I do need to come back that way tho sometime and check in on toto  Wink My parents aint never met there grand daughter and I aint seen them in, hmmmm sheeesh 13 yrs now  :-X

I think I'd be afraid to try non-revin these days but I might give one of my buds a call and see how that is workin these days.

Ditto on the budget. Would be great to win that Husky though. Make my dad drive back home and I'll fly the husky LOL

There's quite a few local guys here at my airport that are talkin about going, so there could be a group thing going from here. Heck our FBO might even do some kind of fly out with the rental fleet... been known to happen before ;D

As July gets nearer if I got room in my buggy any of yeah near the area or on the way are welcome to ride with.
(02-13-2007, 08:33 PM)hobovu link Wrote: it would be cool, but im too young

Too Young?!? Why I even heard they got crayons n glue for the little ones  :-X
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
by too young is go by myself, and i have a summer job  :'( soo thats why
(02-14-2007, 08:32 PM)hobovu link Wrote: by too young is go by myself, and i have a summer job  :'( soo thats why

haha noob Smile

j/k I'm actually planning on taking helicopter pilot lessons soon, since I can't live out my dream and be an air-force combat pilot, the least I could do is fly for local people.
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
(02-14-2007, 09:37 PM)Man53 link Wrote: haha noob Smile

j/k I'm actually planning on taking helicopter pilot lessons soon, since I can't live out my dream and be an air-force combat pilot, the least I could do is fly for local people.

lmao at the noob remark

Heli pilots get all the cool jobs.  Lots of air ambulance and cops in choppers around here. I like watching the cops search at night for the 7-11 holdups heheh I think they got used to me showing up in there spotlight out on my deck drinking beer watching them with binoc's, they avoid my house now in the search patterns Tongue