Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEY!!!!!
Everyone!!

Hope this finds all well Vader and I are GREAT trying to find out where and [color=Red]if [color=Red] you are all still flying around and about let us know

Love to you all!! :-*
V & VC
Well this is a happy surprise indeed.  ;D

To explain how we're still flying, I'll hand you over to Ace, the guy who's been on top of that.  Short of it though is, the Zone's dropped both XvT and XWA so we're using a program/lobby like the Zone of sorts.  Works fairly well it looks like. 

So why don't you two get back on the Comms and say hi already!  Tongue
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Woot!!!!!!! *Does a happy dance*  VC's back!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Hey VC and Vader glad to see you two back on the net!  This place is still alive and kicking although we seem to have a few more nutz here than before lol...........anyways how we are still flying is a simple answer.  we just use xvt and xwa like ole times lol.  where we are flying these days is tougher to answer but I'll try my best to explain without totally confusing you. 

http://ccanuk.brinkster.net/xvt/redist.zip

That is a link to the new client program that we are using to launch games from.  As Tank mentioned 2-3 years ago the zone officially dropped xvt and xwa from it's gaming list.  Needless to say our little community put up one heck of a fight but in the end we lost out to business decisions.  So once you dl the client and unzip it, you'll have a folder named "redist" with what appears to be a bunch of random stuff in it.  Look for a red star destroyer icon named "sample".  Only use "Sample" not "Sample no resize".  I'm not sure what the diff is though.  Click on "Sample" and it will give you a pop up that ask you to agree to the terms of service, which is basic good behavior code of conduct stuff.  Say yes and then you'll be taken to a screen with a server name and a button that says connect.  click connect and then you'll be asked to register a screen name.  Once this is done you can log in and enter the Errant Venture XVT/XWA gaming lobby.  Some of us have to shut down firewalls to get it to work so this can be an issue.  Doesn't seem to be as laggy as the zone servers and runs very well for a fan made program.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me or tank.  Once you get the hang of the new client it is pretty simple, but can be a handful to adjust to.

¤§¤  Ace
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
OH, WOW! There's a beautiful woman in the hanger! Everybody look out, that means there's a really mean big guy behind her somewhere.... Where is he? /starts to choke...

There he is...!

Hey VC and Vader, its GREAT to see you guys around. I've missed you, and I tried to contact Vader oh 2 years ago through EverQuest? Smile
I'm stuck on the ground while these guys all have fun in the skies Sad But I hope to get up there some time soon too. Maybe I can fly with you guys, so we can shake the rust off together! Smile

*§*
Great to see you guys.
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
*Is inside the cockpit of a old rusty X-wing and sees that the one he has taken from his own says "Property of Vader"*

Uhh....sorry about names Fireyone =D I 'm a psychotic nut with a stun gun named Murphy!

B-5: And I'm his equally psycho R-3 unit.....
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
DOH!!! Hey I know u  ;D
Glad to hear you are alive n survivin still. Sorry I'm late gettin back to your post, I keep tryin to ditch this "Life" thing but it just keeps hangin on n trippin me up :-X

Hope u's can get in to fly some, the new playground don't like my networking so guess I am just gonna have ta sit it out. Would be nice ta see you n the big lug agin. LOL(chucky?!?) I just remembered that, Lethyl n JD say hey too.

Az
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
(10-30-2006, 10:01 PM)Acehigh link Wrote: Hey VC and Vader glad to see you two back on the net!  This place is still alive and kicking although we seem to have a few more nutz here than before lol...........anyways how we are still flying is a simple answer.  we just use xvt and xwa like ole times lol.  where we are flying these days is tougher to answer but I'll try my best to explain without totally confusing you. 

http://ccanuk.brinkster.net/xvt/redist.zip

That is a link to the new client program that we are using to launch games from.  As Tank mentioned 2-3 years ago the zone officially dropped xvt and xwa from it's gaming list.  Needless to say our little community put up one heck of a fight but in the end we lost out to business decisions.  So once you dl the client and unzip it, you'll have a folder named "redist" with what appears to be a bunch of random stuff in it.  Look for a red star destroyer icon named "sample".  Only use "Sample" not "Sample no resize".  I'm not sure what the diff is though.  Click on "Sample" and it will give you a pop up that ask you to agree to the terms of service, which is basic good behavior code of conduct stuff.  Say yes and then you'll be taken to a screen with a server name and a button that says connect.  click connect and then you'll be asked to register a screen name.  Once this is done you can log in and enter the Errant Venture XVT/XWA gaming lobby.  Some of us have to shut down firewalls to get it to work so this can be an issue.  Doesn't seem to be as laggy as the zone servers and runs very well for a fan made program.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me or tank.  Once you get the hang of the new client it is pretty simple, but can be a handful to adjust to.

¤§¤  Ace

Ok I still cant get it to stay open long nuff to register a name. Soon as I click connect it shows a place for screen name with TRA_test in there for about 1/4 a second then closes......

Is there instructions or help for this goofy thing????
I've been digging a lot and I've found a few links at BSC that could be of help.

TRA Knowledge Center: http://www.darkjedi.org/club/TRA/kb/index.php?id=835

Some other things that can be checked if you're having trouble:  http://www.battlestats.com/mb/?forum=2&topic=4067-13606

The old link to the redist.zip file:  http://www.lukasrediger.com/xvt/redist.zip
Another link:  http://www.freepgs.com/luke9511/redist.zip

Someone with a similar problem to Az:  http://www.battlestats.com/mb/?forum=2&topic=3776-12440

There's at least two people to contact about it.  Stressor, or CosmicDebris

Stressor:  [email protected]
CosmicDebris:  [email protected]

That's about all I've found that's relevant I think.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Check Check and double check... done everthin it says should be done then some and it makes no diff.
Good research there tank thx for the effort. If ne one gets in and heres of someone who may know somin more, they can get ahold of me via IM. I added stressor to my MSN (dunno if he uses it or not) and I am always on that, yahoo, ICQ and AIM.