Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game On
Alrighty boys and girls the xvt wow event for october is under way.  And yours truly has drawn first blood for us at RBL!  Smile  Didn't do to shabby for not flying in 2 years Wink  ^Smile^  ^Smile^  Hopefully I'll see some of you guys out there over the rest of the week.  For those of you that are new wow lasts until next friday.  Happy Hunting all! 

¤§¤  Hawk Rulez

Ace out
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
i had a hard drive breakdown on me on my main computer. i am forced to my laptop only. i'im going to try removing the second hard drive on my comp to get it back in shape for the wow, no guarantees. good luck and good hunting!
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Hmm... The thought of bloodshed in space, caused by me and my wingmen... I love it!

I need to pick this game back up, and a new joystick, and a few hours to play "Smile I tell you what, if I happen to find my copies, and find a nice joystick for sale, I'll come back to this game in a heartbeat, it doesnt take as long to play, and its one of the most satisfying feelings when you blow your enemies out of the sky.
*§*
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
Apparently the client does not like my win xp. The sample file opens and screen to choose host and connect. Regardless of which host I chose, (3 choices) the screen closes.

:-\
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Hope to see you all out there soon.  I've really missed flying and especially blowing stuff up with you guys.  hopefully this can get us warmed up for the main event of the 100th wow next month! 

Azis I had to shut down my firewall to get the client to work........I'm also on xp
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Yeah, same here. I'm also on xp and although I can enter the client room, I can't join in a game unless I shut down my windows firewall.  I also use a router these days usually, and while I can JOIN a game while on it, I can't HOST a game unless I bypass the router(which usually doesn't sit well with hichever family member is on our other comp at the time  :Smile).

On the PLUS side of things, when you DO get into a game(and do the minimizing routine), I find most of the games are far less laggy(or as noticeably so) as they had been in xvt's heyday.  Guess there's something to be said for the power and speed of today's connections and computers. I played a 4man game not long ago that proved that point.  The host was in Europe, his wing was in the States, MY wing was in Australia and I'm in Canada - WE won, and NONE of us had noticeable lag. Good luck doing THAT a few years back!  Wink ;D ;D <)Smile >:/ <)Smile
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Something else worth mentioning, for those of you trying to get to the client server for the 1st time - when you open the download for the site, you'll notice you end up with numerous options.  The box you're looking for is the 'sample' box.  Extract the file, etc., etc. and you'll end up with ANOTHER redistribute box.  THIS time when you open it, you AGAIN want the 'sample' box, but it'll be shaped like a Stardestroyer.  Run THAT program and you'll get to the server client.  Once you register(if you haven't already),you SHOULD be in.  The server was down for a few days earlier this week, so anyone who tried to get in then(Azis  Wink), that's prob. why.

There's been a fairly good turnout so far this WoW in # of players in there and variety of clubs participating, with many former players returning.  Next month should REALLY be interesting.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I'll have to get in a couple runs, see how off I am lol.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
after 5 matches I feel like "me" again flying so it shouldn't take long to shake any rust off Smile
I wonder how long its gonna take me to learn how to fly again if I manage to get back into the game.... I miss flying my TF against the Xwings Smile and there was the occasion where I could actually take out a z95 or an xwing without dying.... I think those days are long gone.
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!