Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October wow
that's right folks that's not a typo.  I'm planning to fly in the october xvt wow to knock the rust off before the big reunion wow in november.  anyone who would like to join me feel free to meet up in the errant venture lobby or on msn messenger or leave me a message on here.  the ev lobby is kinda picky and I may have to ip into games but at least we could set things up there.  just remind me or tank to sign us up lol

Ace
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I'd like to join you maybe I should install her and try her out.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
ok mate glad to have ya aboard.  will this be your first experience with xvt?  if so it's great fun but just be prepared, some of the dudes can be a bit rough lol.  But overall it is great fun.  And if I'm in the EV and can't launch with the group don't be worried.  I may have to IP into my games.  Ohhhh and it starts the third friday of the month and lasts one full week. 

Ace
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Yeah, I can be very rough, muahahaha. I'm in yo.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Well my first Experience with online Xvt but, offline I have alot of simulator hours clocked in.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
Yea...I think we need to try to line up a practice run before you jump into a match lol.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Heh, yeah, along with a few tweaks to your controls for online play too....assuming you DON'T want to simply be cannon fodder.  Wink  Trust me, playing this game online is quite a bit different from playing it offline.

One good suggestion though, is to practise your aim shooting mines offline.  You'll need your targeting ability honed well for playing online, esp. once you experience the lag effect.  :-4
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I think I lost my lagg shields with my DSL connection.  Curses!
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Ok FO you'll need the RBL starfighter pilot manual.  Basically I can give you the cliff notes here.  Online is way diff than flying against the comp.  Main diff is people do alot of crazy stuff.  AI flys in predictable patterns.  Visit bsc, go to the bsc events page, find xvt wow october, and read up on the rules of engagement.  BSC is our governing body for online flight combat.  Any questions we will answer just specify if you want a smart alec answer or the truth lol......

http://www.battlestats.com/events

Multiplayer flight engine options (especially important for 56k flight)

Make sure you turn off the space debris, put starfield to low, turn off music and engine sounds (you'll need cockpit sounds on to know if your getting shot if you can't see your attacker), and set textures to lowest or near.

Combat tips

1.  Fire link lasers to do the most damage.  You may have to adjust for lag.  
2.  If you have shields set them to drain to boost your speed, set laser recharge up one slot from default not to full.
3.  When you have to turn cut throttle to 1/3, turn, full throttle asap.
4.  If your lasers get shot out do not let an enemy get behind you.  try to ram them lol (I'm serious)
5.  Don't wait for a lock, start firing around the edges of the blue targeting box around 1.7 M from contact.  Firing here will allow for distance covered and velocity.  Firing around the edges will account for movement.  Fire some down the middle anyways in case it's a green pilot lol.  Rule of thumb, fire two to three times and move.  repeat
6.  In craft with Ion cannons you'll have to hit the W key to switch weapons creating the greatest amount of fire/damage.  if you get disabled eject.  

Practice tips

1.  Fly mine clearing.  I advise changing the settings to hard, fly in a tf, set for one death, and leave lasers at default.  if your alive long enough to recharge your doing great.
2.  Fly the target practice mission
3.  Fly combat engagements on hard difficulty.
4.  Practice flying melees on hard against the AI
5.  Post on RBL forums or find us on msn or in the EV to fly practice runs with us.  Flying against peeps is alot better practice than going against the AI.  If you have to go agains the AI the above tips will help.

And BTW, for reporting stats and reading the ROE for this WoW, go here.  http://www.battlestats.com/events/?429
~§~