Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A WoW is in the offing? Interesting...
I recieved this from BlackRooq...yea...some of you here remember him. Wink  Been a looong time since we heard from him.  Well, he tried to post this here, so he told me, but I guess it wouldn't let him or something.  Hard to say.

Anyways, here's what was sent.

ent: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 6:33 PM
>Subject: 100th XvT WoW in November
>
>
>Dear Pilots of OSS, RSQ, IRN, DaRk, _DSR_, and _S_,
>
>The 100th XvT WoW is nearing in November. This WoW is dubbed the
reunion
>WoW as many old clubs are returning for this event. It would be great
to
>see all the vets from long ago return to play this ancient and classic
>game.
>
>I am e-mailing you in advance as so you all have time to practice up
those
>XvT skills and also so that you can reform you clubs and get itno
contact
>with one another. BSC has deactivated clubs that were idle. Therefore,
club
>captains will need to request to have their club reactivated.
>
>BSC has changed their site around a little bit, for the worse,
>unfortunately. The BSC XvT main page is here:
>http://www.battlestats.com/games/xvt/ However, to see the list of
upcoming
>wars, such as WoW, you will need to go here:
>http://www.battlestats.com/events/
>
>Lastly, MSN Gaming Zone has long abandoned our great game, and many
others.
>We meet at a place called the Errant Venture. It is a gaming client
created
>by TRA_Stressor. You can download it here:
>http://ccanuk.brinkster.net/xvt/redist.zip Double click on the sample
file.
>
>If you have any questions, you can e-mail me back.
>
>~BOSS_Keeper
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Hmm interesting I think I may just reinstall this game! Been so long I wonder if i'm still as good as I was.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
man first goku and now you lol.........your killin me smalls!  I would love to take part in this event of "great ole vets" if my joystick was working properly.  right now all I have to play games with is my mouse and keyboard, and a xbox 360 wired controller which won't work with xvt/xwa I've tried believe me lol.  once I get a new one I'm all in but I don't know if that will happen in time for the event.  and that client is the same one I tried to get all you guys to join back when the zone kicked us out lol.  it works pretty well and I'm sure they have updated it a bit since the last time I was on there almost wow 2 years ago.  hopefully I can get a new joy before this event as I'd love to get in there, even with my dial up con, and mix it up with ya'll.  been way to long since we blasted each other........and tank I've even updated the trout cannon on my trusty brick lol......
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Dear god...not the TROUT CANNON!  :o
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
heh, yeah, the client doesn't work all that badly.....long as you don't mind reconnecting periodically to the site after playing a game.  I find you tend to get disconnected often.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
ofcourse it isn't a flawless system but it is far better than the alternative of not getting to play at all.  course there is always the ip hopping but blondies like me get those numbers confused at times lol
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
You know what?  Hell with it.  I'll do it. 

Who else is in?  I'll make the time to get some RBL members approved at BSC, seeing as we're 'active' but have no members lol
~§~
BTW, I added Simon, myself, and Ace (even though Ace and I don't show...beats me why).

For the rest of you, cause apparently we're still this "clubs clubs" thing, you have to login, go to Edit Profile, add club (RBL is ID # 596), click submit, and get told it's a clubs/clubs thing.

Click the link, go to that page, then click on the blue login word and login with your BSC ID# and pass again, then click on Join RBL!

You will be told you are already a member.  That will finally put you into the club to be approved.  Ace, Holmes, myself, and a couple others have keys to approve members, so if you want in on the WoW, post here and we'll make it happen. Smile
~§~
I'm in, i still remmembered my BSC info!!!  :o
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.

I'll have to reinstall the game and buy a new joystick. 
I don't seem to be able to get the old interceptor to work with XP Pro.

Too bad, great stick.  Any suggestions on sticks?
RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron