Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sworn In
As of yesterday I was sworn in to the Canadian Armed Forces as an Armoured Crewman. I am on leave until august 11th then I leave for my first base which will be in Quebec, no computer, no internet for 10 weeks :o

Also Tank.....I won't be an actual tanker  Sad
They have decommisioned all of our tanks and they are for training use only now. we use the LAV's and a few others including the new Nyala, our entire Armoured division has been turned in to a giant Recon unit >Sad
retirement is bliss Smile
(To the tune of "Giligan's Island")

"No laptop, english, or internet, not a single luxury!
Without even a Tank, it's primitive as can be."  ;D

On a serious note though, gl with it man and I hope it works out well for ya.  *S*
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
From cadet to Soldier, a jump I wouldn't make myself, but congrats mate. Good luck and May the Force Be With You. ☼§☼

Oh yeah, and shoot a moose with one of them training tanks. I hear they make a nice splatter pattern.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
No tanks...yet you're an armored crewman... ???  Ah well.  Canada: They do things differently.  ;D

Congrats Razen!  You should learn a lot about those vehicles, and I'd be more than happy to accept any info you learn about the different vehicles.  I know little about Canadian machines other than the LAV.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I used to build radiators for LAV's... and M1A1'a, Bradleys, and M9-Ace oh and the howitzer improvement project way back when heheh
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Really?  Why didn't you mention that when I visited you?  Tongue

And there's no radiator on the Abrams...unless you're talking about the air cooling system via the V paks...

Howitzer improvement...that was for Long Tom I think.  That and the Paladin.  Could be wrong though...
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
(07-31-2006, 08:57 PM)M1A2Tanker link Wrote: Really?  Why didn't you mention that when I visited you?  Tongue

And there's no radiator on the Abrams...unless you're talking about the air cooling system via the V paks...

Howitzer improvement...that was for Long Tom I think.  That and the Paladin.  Could be wrong though...

We made somethin for the abrams.. not sure wth it was now... some form of heat exchanger.  Your right on the howitzer... Paladin rings a bell in the ol noggin. The M9's was my favorite one... they were huge radiators... and dang near bullet proof heheheh. The bradleys weighed in at like 350 pounds and had to withstand 13 G's and not leak... those were fun to test. Had one fall off the paint liine once... knocked a hole in the concrete floor, and bent a mounting bracket on the radiator... but the thing didn't leak! LOL

I helped design a new bradley construction... all steel welded construction (vs. the traditional copper/brass and soldered)... that was alot of fun. I designed a welding procedure to weld the tanks on to the headers without causing the already pressed in tubes to not leak... I literally had a waterfall thing right on the metal and welded inside the fall... was neat. ah those were the fun days lol. I even drove the prototype up to our main plant and they stuck it on this huge vibrating machine that could produce like 15G's plus pump running temp. collant through it at 200+ degrees ... it held up to 13... think it finally started rattling apart at 15 after about 20 minutes of continuous hammering Big Grin All that work just to shake the f**k out of it heheheheh.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Again...why didn't you bring this up when I visited you?  You held out on me!  Here I thought you were a simple tech support man, and I find you're really....Military Upgrade Man!

This explains so much...about why you're always in the vents.... ;D

The ACE is a noisy thing, but it is pretty powerful.  Saw them dig some battle positions for us on Hood. 

A heat exchanger...hmmm....doesn't ring a bell exactly.  I'd have to look at the old TMs and see what pops out.  If I can find the right one.  Seems I goofed when I left active and didn't bring both books back with me (there's two TMs for the Abrams), but it's possible I just misplaced it.

Also possible that it was something on the A1 that wasn't on the A2.  Do you remember where the component was?

And it's a good thing you shook the hell outta it, cause trust me...Joe is dumb!  He'll find a way to break it in ways you never would have imagined lol.
~§~
I am SO looking forward to breaking some canadian gear!! The vehicle I am REALLY hoping they give to the armouired Recon is called the Nyala, new vehicle from africa I believe, kind of looks like a pumped up Hummer

The reason they still call us Armoured crew is that ANYTHING that has more armour then a jeep or an APC officially belongs to the armoured core, so the Leopards, LAV's, the ARV, Bison, Cougar, Coyote, Husky, M113A3. Tons of vehicles

I am BADLY hoping they give the Nyala and the Mamba to the armoured, but right now they are for combat engineers and infantry support only :'(

Then again they ARE thinking of giving ALL the armoured to the infantry just as recon units, which means I would get the Nyala then ;D

PS. I will be buying a laptop to bring to training with me, so I should have net......should....I hope....I pray...
retirement is bliss Smile
Razen Look on the SWG page we got a story line with you in it feel free to write some I figured we get you a reason for your absence :O) but stillbe here in story ;D