Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey all, remember awhile back I asked if we could start a halflife/counterstrike
club?  If I asked if we could suddenly have anywhere between 50 and 400 people suddenly join up would that be possible?  The standards of conduct are the same as we have here although with that many people it takes time to weed out the bad ones.  Tongue

Holmes, was wondering if there was a way this could happen?  If we do leave DJO there would be a lot of people from North America as well as Europe and Australia (and all over) here.  Let me know what you think.  Its only a planning phase right now.  If it won't work here we have an offer in Australia for a home server but it wouldn't be the same. 

For those of you who were in DJO you will remember Hero.  Its all about money for him nowadays, even worse than it was before.  Sad  BMC is the biggest clan, with the most activity, in all of DJO yet we are the bastard children.  Sad  He makes decisions based on a hundred or more clans that restrict what we can do.

I pay for the server that we play on for counterstrike.  I just leased a dedicated server out of california that we could possibly add one of the games played here if someone knew how to do it and admin it.

Let me know what you think!!
Methinks Aslan's Bar & Grill might have to expand......lol.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
wait we at RBL are technically DJO??????????  :'(  :o
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I was wondering about that myself... ???

I wonder if Mac got his comm freqs crossed and posted here instead of TRA  Tongue
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I am so confused...
retirement is bliss Smile
Reread it.  What he's asking is to bring a bunch of his friends OUT of DJO and INTO RBL.  There ARE members of RBL, Aslan and myself for example, who have been or are members of DJO presently or in the past.

As for the rest of the request....welp, that's out of MY paws, heh.

Got to admit, this place would certainly come alive with THAT many people in here.....
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Isn't that basically how and why RBL became to be in the beginning...? It was a seperation from the then huge DJO clans TFA n TRA...

Of course now come the assumptions...hopefully Mac intends to still allow DJO to host ne competitions,tournements, challenges etc. which rules can be set by the members or clubs who initiate, IE: RBL or its members.

So sounds to me like he is simply re requesting that RBL sponsor or add a halflife/counterstrike branch.

Az
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
(07-08-2006, 01:28 AM)Mac link Wrote: club?  If I asked if we could suddenly have anywhere between 50 and 400 people suddenly join up would that be possible?  The standards of conduct are the same as we have here although with that many people it takes time to weed out the bad ones.  Tongue

Holmes, was wondering if there was a way this could happen?  If we do leave DJO there would be a lot of people from North America as well as Europe and Australia (and all over) here.  Let me know what you think.  Its only a planning phase right now.  If it won't work here we have an offer in Australia for a home server but it wouldn't be the same. 

For those of you who were in DJO you will remember Hero.  Its all about money for him nowadays, even worse than it was before.  Sad  BMC is the biggest clan, with the most activity, in all of DJO yet we are the bastard children.  Sad  He makes decisions based on a hundred or more clans that restrict what we can do.

I pay for the server that we play on for counterstrike.  I just leased a dedicated server out of california that we could possibly add one of the games played here if someone knew how to do it and admin it.

Let me know what you think!!

I have no problems with it from a club perspective... thats how RBL was formed afterall way back when heheh. And we do have non SW titles on the forum now so ....

I guess what do you have in mind for RBL's home base... i.e. like it is now with forum and chat room... or we talking website revamp?

If like it is now, no biggie, can just add a CS board to this forum, although not sure the teamspeak server I got setup would support 400 people heheh so would have to work around that.

If we talking revamp, I don't have the time available currently to put into a complete website redesign.

Let us know more on what your thinking Smile
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
(07-08-2006, 05:15 AM)RBL_Snoopy link Wrote: Methinks Aslan's Bar & Grill might have to expand......lol.

Perhaps Mac was indulging at Aslan's bar n grill when this fleeting thought occured  :o  Wink
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Makes you wonder what Aslan's been putting into the Rooties of late....
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.