Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EAW
hey Tank got a couple of questions for ya about empire at war.  First off do I need the xfire thing?  I loaded it up first and it royally f'ed up my browser and net options.  So I took it off.  Secondly I'm probably gonna get that patch for mp but was wondering if it's necessary?  haven't been able to find much about the online play.  and last of all could use some coaching pointers for actually getting missions accomplished lol????  granted I'm not having alot of time to mess around yet, and I stink at strat games, but I'm getting rolled on easy right now lol.  help

ace
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I didn't install the xfire thing myself.  Didn't feel it was necessary really, at least at the moment.  Might be later, not sure though.

I'd get it, especially if you and I try out MP.  I've got the latest updates for it, so you'd have to have'em before we could play.

Some pointers: diversify your forces and get as much as possible.  You go through infantry units a little faster than armor though, so try to have more of them vs the others.  But still diversify and have several of each type that you can get. 

Second, focus all fire upon individual targets.  Say you've got 10 stormies (or rather, something like 2 squads roughly) vs 3 T2B tanks.  Have all your stormies fire at one tank at a time.  Your whole force over time will take damage, but you'll destroy theirs before they destroy you.  In space, do the same thing if it's a smaller force.  If it's a larger or more powerful force, fighters vs bombers, capital ships and bombers vs stations.  Destroy the station's hanger first, and then work on the rest of it.  Once it's destroyed, go for their ships.  If it's just ship vs ship, go for their strongest ship and take'em out one by one.  If you don't have bombers to deal with, send everything after one target at a time.

Also make use of special abilities on occasion.  Rebel ships can recharge shields really quickly..provided they have some shield strength to recharge.  Tinker with each ship and troop type, see how they work. 

I'm sure there's other pointers I can give, but try that out first before we go from there. Smile
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
more like I'm shell shocked right now lol  those things you said are what I'm trying to do.  so far I don't think I'm making enough units cause at Fondor I'm getting to the point where I just run out of reinforcements.  and I'm getting used to the finer controls during combat.  one battle I thought I sent my troops to attack and they just stood there getting shot lol.  or they run randomly around and don't do much good that way.  I do think the battles play like battlegrounds, just gotta get myself back into strat mode.  but so far this game rocks!!  what did the reviewers play?
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I just love the space battle its fun to ambush your opponet over your own heavily armed planets hehe.....
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
That's usually not an ambush...that's usually called a trap.  Tongue
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Sounds like our own Darth Vader in the making....lol.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Yeah I mean't trap it was quite funny really before that happend I had been doing in a invasion on sullest so I moved back there and when the three fleets came unable to pull off course i destroyed each one MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*puts on a darth vader costume*
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
been attacked by the rebs a couple times now..........and something isn't right here............I got attacked by 5 corvettes 30 xwing squads, and 10 ywing squads...........that should have been enough firepower to take out my ties and the base........but I won the battle pretty easily............all I had was a level 2 station and the ties it creates.  thought I was going to lose it at first glance.....
(03-16-2006, 09:40 PM)Acehigh link Wrote: been attacked by the rebs a couple times now..........and something isn't right here............I got attacked by 5 corvettes 30 xwing squads, and 10 ywing squads...........that should have been enough firepower to take out my ties and the base........but I won the battle pretty easily............all I had was a level 2 station and the ties it creates.  thought I was going to lose it at first glance.....

The dark side is strong in this one.....    <)Smile
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Obviously, Luke wasn't leading the rebel charge...... Wink
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.