Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quality new games
got four new games that should be very enjoyable.  two of them could be sleeper hits.  first off star wars battlefront 2 is awesome.  if you like shooters check this out.  and read the battlefront board here lol.  the other star wars game that looks great is empire at war.  this is a pc strat game that claims to take the "pain" out of the strat genre.  minimal resource management and you get money for conquering worlds to upgrade your forces.  epic battles, single player campaign, and the popular galactic conquest mode await!

Two new games that could very well be sleeper hit this year are sports games from EA.  yeah yeah I know they really blew it with their 360 offerings to this point so these two games I'm gonna yap about are for the current gen systems.  the first game got very good review of an 8.7 from IGN.  those guys are usually very knit picky so this was awesome.  the game is mvp ncaa baseball 06.  that's right college baseball!  for true baseball fans this is a dream come true as you can actually see players hustle and give 200% effort for the love of the game.  most of the "press experts" are slamming it simply because it's college baseball, but trust me this game rocks and is a must have for any pure baseball fan!

the second game could be a real shocker let alone sleeper.  again a high rating of an 8.3 from IGN (my source for reviews lol).  This game is Arena Football.  From the same folks that brought you madden.  EA Tibouron.  This game comes out very very soon and is very fast paced with lots of action.  if you don't know what the afl is all about think of a hockey rink with turf for a field.  it's 50 yards long with the dasher boards for sidelines.  and you guessed it you can knock the snot out of people right over said boards.  ohhh and the occasional coach who wanders onto the field............anyways the players are trash talkin, showboating, and it's 8 v 8 iron man football.  IGN really liked this game, especially for a brand new franchise.  I'm gonna check it out for sure!
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
alrighty.... guess its my turn for input Smile

I'll start with the starwars games.... I'm not a huge fan of the battlefront series, well, not for Xbox, however for the PC they hold much more to them. It all depends on what kind of gamer you are, what kind of shooters you love, and if you like to be limited in your actions and game play to being forced to kill so many people to play as a jedi, until you die.... Personally I like the idea of all Jedi fights, so battlefront2 did deliver some satisfaction. Limited view system, as comes with most FPS games, you've got overhead 3rd person and first person views... Honestly with FPS games I'm more of a 1st person gamer, as it is "First Person Shooters".... But Battlefield2 holds the 3rd person views to be better off when it comes to X-box game play.... PC-game play tends to differ though.

Starwars: Empire at War, I have not quite gotten my hands on yet, but I do know that they are currently running an advertisement (Atleast at BestBuy) that you get a free shirt when you purchase the game. Tell me more about it if you find stuff out, I'd love to hear about it....

OK now its time to pick at EA games. Well EA as we all know hit a horrible state with the launch offerings with the X-box 360, however clearly they've started pulling out of their failures with NCAA Baseball, and the Arena Football game. Its easy to explain whats so entertaining thought.... Realistic baseball games are SOOOO boring to watch, but the second the controllers are in your hands, its impossible to put down. It always has been that way. Simple enough. As far as Arena Football; the game style is still loosely interpreted with video games. Rules, boundaries, and so forth, so it feels more like a primative game to us, than the newer Madden 06' series and the NFL 2k6. They've been force-feeding us more and more complex games with more and more beaten-in details, and graphics. However with their newer Arena Football, its not quite so painstaking. Clearly graphics are always a stickler in games now days, but over-all control is less of a hastle when it comes to new STYLES of games. Football is an American Tradition, and a classic when it comes to games, so throwing it into an arena and speeding up the pace a little bit, keeps everybody interested.

☼§☼

My 2¢. If i'm wrong, too bad, we'll all get over it Smile

-- Man53 OuT!
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
i've never liked EB games, always short and never all that fun. :/
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
EA did flop with all their 360 titles, but they did deliver the goods with college baseball and arena football.  those two are really worth it. 
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
bah... * boots sports games in..... the... chips... or something*
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.