Poll: Would you guys want a VOIP program to keep in touch?
Teamspeak
Ventrillo
xfire
none
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOIP program to keep in touch
This is to see if you guys think it's a good idea to have a voice over ip program to save us typing for those of us who have mics and which one.
I'm all for voice, I used it almost exclusivley during my criimson skies tour and while sometimes the lag is not as beneficial for combat as it could be it is SO enjoyable being able to converse and just here ur buddies laff or yellout or whatever.

Coitanly due to the fact that SWG lacks a REAL chat medium, using what is there is often self destructive....

I have ventrillo both server and client and it works great sounds the best of all I have tried but is a bit of a con hog.
Teamspeak wound up being the fav of those I knew using voice due to the low bandwidth use. I don't know about setting up a server tho and beleive the sever software has to be purchased. They do have public servers that can be used at least for testing puposes if nothing else.  I posted a thread a while back with links to all info on that.

Xfire other than having heard or read the name I know nothing more. Personally the first thing that turns me off is it advertises itself to keep track of so many games at once so many lists.......just seems like a lot of juice may be gettin sucked up...but agin I only justheard of it.

I am willing to give ne a go however, am setup with headset as I have been for few years now
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
I downloaded Xfire now but havent tryed it yet hmmm do i use just my mike and speakers or do I grab a headeset for my phone and plug it in where ?? :o
wut in the world are these programs?
Talk to each other in real voice programs and I got teamspeak2 to work :-*