Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And so it changes again (CU2 aka NGE)
If any of you haven't been able to try the NGE on test center, rest assured that the game is not quite a FPS yet... except for the fact that you have to keep your reticle on your target to hit it. Basically, instead of choosing an attack, and sitting back and watching the results, you must hold the mouse button down to continue attacking. Weapons fire WAY faster, which means combat will be quicker. Dunno if there are any plans for an auto attack like we have now....

I think the new interface is supposed to be easier to use, but during a fight it seems more complicated... right mouse button is for specials and item use, and you assign it on the fly by pressing the correct numeric key...( The toolbar uses 1-0 and -+ I think the F-Keys are no longer used?)

Anyhoo, if I hear correctly, they are also giving everyone 2 slots per galaxy.... If this is true, all those people who have been running 2 copies of the game and paying 2 subscriptions will probably be as irritated as many of the people who shelled out the dough for JTL. ( I always felt that was a little bit excessive anyway, especially the people who run 2 toons simultaneosly with 2 computers.)

I like the idea of having 2 toons, but it might make people like me even more anti-social because if I have a Trader alt, (which I plan to do >Big Grin) I won't have to bug Snoop or Core to make me stuff anymore. :-[

I'm a little concerned with the whole idea of getting rid of item decay... won't this completely screw the established commerce? Crafters RELY on the fact that things eventually need to be replaced..."I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Messages In This Thread
And so it changes again (CU2 aka NGE) - by Magius - 11-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Re: And so it changes again (CU2 aka NGE) - by Actocross - 11-11-2005, 01:14 AM