Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting
After messing around with this game a bit since it launched I am loving it! So many things are done right. Each star fighter feels unique and has it's own quirks. It's easy to get lost on a map once things get crazy as you also have to dodge debris or space stations while dog fighting. If you wander to far onto enemy territory the cap ships will tear you up. I'm going to be playing on my xbox as my pc is a bit older now and can't run it.

My one complaint so far is a pretty big one imo. I'm all for cross play console vs console. Both have to use controllers, yes I know some try hards will still get flight sticks for consoles but they aren't as powerful as the pc counterparts. So console vs console players should be pretty evenly matched. However they made a huge mistake and also enabled cross play with pc players. The good to ridiculously good players on pc with flight sticks are dominating every ranked match. This is frustrating because it has lead to some laughably bad games on my part that I know would be more even if I was on level footing. For those that don't know....the main issue is it's easier to turn and do evasive maneuvers on a stick rather than a controller. To this point it's also been frustrating being matched up with team mates that clearly have no clue what they are doing.

To sum up I still highly recommend squadrons. It's fun, the story in campaign is decent. When you get an even match up on ranked matches the games can be quite intense and a lot of fun.
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code

Messages In This Thread
Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting - by Acehigh - 10-10-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting - by Azis - 10-15-2020, 04:53 PM
RE: Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting - by Acehigh - 10-19-2020, 06:33 AM
RE: Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting - by Goku1 - 11-03-2020, 04:18 PM
RE: Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting - by Acehigh - 11-04-2020, 10:24 AM
RE: Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting - by Goku1 - 11-08-2020, 11:01 AM
RE: Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting - by Acehigh - 11-10-2020, 08:18 AM