Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Combat Community update:
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply.

I been talkin to the bsc dev's about this. They are actually working on a completely new system, which I have test drove a little, looks nice and clean so far. Much easier to navigate than the current/old. I think the current plan is when the new system goes live, any active clans will just re-signup, users, clans and all. Kind of a start from scratch thing. The old system will be linked so all old stats and prestige is maintained, however at current writing the old data itself will not be imported into the new. There are many valid reasons for this which after hearing them, I am in agreement with. I'll explain them in more detail if you all like, might be easier if we got together for an IRC meeting or something.

The current/old system is borked in a way that we basically have to create a new clan id anyway... although it "might" be possible to dig around the database to fix the current, it may be a futile effort. Thing is there was a system failure sometime back at bsc, and as a result bsc is missing much of the admin pages they used to administer everything. So without those it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack on heaps of code (or code that doesn't exist at all anymore) that was written before the current guys who maintain it arrived on the scene.

Thats basically it in a nutshell.

I've volunteered to help them anyway I can with coding and database stuff. Although the last couple weeks I've been caught up in a move in RL, so really have not been in front of the computer at all until now. Hopefully they didn't think I ran away LOL
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!

Messages In This Thread
Space Combat Community update: - by [TFA]quantum - 02-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Azis - 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Holmes - 02-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Acehigh - 02-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Holmes - 02-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Holmes - 02-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Holmes - 02-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Holmes - 03-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Holmes - 03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Holmes - 04-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Re: Space Combat Community update: - by Azis - 04-02-2011, 01:19 PM