Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aslan, where is your monkey butt?
Well, congrats on the pending 20th!  You getting to New York ALMOST puts you in MY backyard, relative geography speaking ('ve been to New York state - funny story there, it was June, number of years back.  Wife and I stopped at a small 2 gas station town to fill up(6 dollars did it too!).  Temp was about 75 - 80 degrees.  Attendant at the pump filled up the tank and noticed out license plate(Nova Scotia).  As we paid for the gas, the attendant looks at me and says "Nova Scotia eh?  You must still have alot of snow up there yet".  Flabergasted, I assured him the temp at home when we'd left was roughly bout the same as right there currently.  He as much as called me a LIAR!!! ROFL.  Guess that's why I used to see so many U. S. vehicles coming through our province during the summer with ski's tied to their roofs.  ;D ;D :Smile :Smile)  Pity you didn't have time for a visit to our province Aslan.

Doubtful a 1990 vehicle would be chopped up for parts, it's just too old.  It's more likely someone needed a ride and you were the unfortunate owner they chose.  Dunno what the general disposal method for abandonned cars are your way.  Round here if it happens, they'll turn up in 1 piece (kids looking for a quick joyride or for valuables INSIDE the car)  quite often, so there IS hope.  Chopshop suppliers tend to look for popular newer models where the demand for parts(and no questions) is strong.  Scarey part is HOW MANY vehcles are stolen regularly.

On a side note Aslan, if you DO end up with another vehicle, esp. if it's a current model, consider getting it's parts registered.  What a professional will do is etch traceable #'s in the windows of a vehicle(as well as specific parts) and put small warning stickers on the vehicle.  A big part of a vehicles value to a thief is the windows, believe it or not.  Etching them, makes it difficult for chopshops to make them untraceable and drastically lowers the money they'll pay for the car or truck.  As a result, thieves tend to avoid them more often.  Cost to you is only bout 1-2 hundred dollars, but compared to the overal cost of the vehicle, well worth it.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.

Messages In This Thread
Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Magius - 03-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Azis - 03-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Snoopy - 03-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Magius - 03-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Aslan - 03-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Magius - 03-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Azis - 03-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Azis - 03-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Aslan - 03-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Re: Aslan, where is your monkey butt? - by Azis - 03-06-2006, 01:53 PM