Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cries of Havoc II: Escalation
Sitting at his desk in the Hawk Squadron office, a handsome young man 1.88 meters tall with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes, RBL Lietenant Acehigh molls over a datapad.  Running his fingers through his thick locks of hair he tries to make sense of the numbers before him.  At his side is his trusty sidekick.  A modified R2 astromech droid.  This R2 unit is special as it is mete black with gold trim and has a Darth Vader helmet welded to the top of it's dome, has a vocabulator so he can actually speak, and has a few surprises in his utility appendages.  His designation is R2Vader.

"R2Vader have you seen these numbers from the flight sims we just ran?  They can't be right..................." Ace said as he rubbed his eyes.  "How dare you mock my calculations!" R2Vader replied in his metalic voice.  "You know I can fly circles around all of you pathetic Rebel scum" he continued.  "Take it easy mate.  I guess I should have said I don't like these numbers"  Ace said.  "Let's go back to square one.  Pull up all of the stats on the holoprojector.  This data pad is so small it's giving me a headache". 

R2Vader complies with the order and a *whirrrrr...........bang bang bang whirrrrrrrrrrrrrr* is heard as the ancient machine comes to life.  All of the flight data is projected in holographic form right there in front of the dynamic duo. 

"Hmmmmmm looks like the T-65's, Freitech specials, S&K specials, and BTL-S8's had the best luck.  But even they took 50% losses in each run we tried.  I don't know much about those skips the Vong threw at us, but I can say this, those things are tougher than Aslan's Wookie surprise over at the bar and grille.  With the RZ-1's suffereing 70% losses, I guess they would be on standby......................and we can rule out the AF4, and BTL-S3's with 100% losses.  Hawk Squadron ran sims with every starfighter the Galactic Alliance has to offer and the best we've managed so far is to get half our people killed.  This is unacceptable!"

"Calm down Ace the galaxy can live without a few measly Rebs........but look on the bright side we only had 4 organic pilots in the sims.  The others were top ace droid AI.  Maybe the sim was just to hard for the organics?"  R2Vader quipped as he shut down the holo projector and returned to his spot next to Ace at the desk.  "Droid AI or not we've never had sim runs this bad before.  We must be getting rusty, or the Vong are getting smarter and stronger.  But you heard Zara's briefing....we don't know what we're up against.  Ohhhhhhhhhh blast it all I need some rest.  We had a long day and this maybe the last time we get to shut down for a bit.  Looks like we get to keep the X-Wings, E-wings, B-Wings and K-wings in tip top shape.  Cancel maintenance on the A-Wings, Headhunters, and Y-wings for now.  We need everything that can muster up some pretty heavy firepower.  Next sim run starts at 0800 coruscant standard time, and we'll try that stutter fire trick Jaina Solo perfected during the war.  It's supposed to overload those anomalies they use for shields.  Hopefully that'll bring our stats up.........may the force be with us............ohhhhhh and R2Vader............just deliver my instructions to the hangar, give HC the sim stats,  and power down for the night....no shananigans......am I clear?"

"Yes boss crystal clear......................................" R2Vader responded as he wheeled away to deliver Ace's orders to the Hawk hangar techs.  After that he sent Ace's sim stats to High Command and returned to Ace's bunk where he powered down like a good little droid...........
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code

Messages In This Thread
Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 09-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Goku1 - 09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Acehigh - 09-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Acehigh - 09-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Acehigh - 09-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Acehigh - 10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 10-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 10-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 10-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Goku1 - 10-09-2005, 12:05 PM