Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cries of Havoc II: Escalation
This is what has already been posted for RBL at the other forum.  We'll go from after the last posted thing, unless you folks have suggestions to slip some conversation or something into the previous posts to flesh them out.

Wrath 2 of Wrath Squadron, one of four squads comprising ReBel Squadron, sat in a nice comfy chair in the command tower above the Wrath and Special Forces hangar. Wrath 2, otherwise known as Goku1, had been up there for quite sometime, awaiting the return of the current patrol doing it's usual runs around the station's immediat vicinity.

He yawned and stretched, pulling some tension out of his cramped muscles. His hair was cropped short in military style, but as long as regulation would allow. He smirked as he looked through the transparasteel viewports and saw the small, two ship patrol vectoring into the station to land and let the next patrol takeoff.

The station had been relatively quite since the war with the Yuuzhan Vong, but they still kept combat opperations on nearly constant alert. With the compliments of over four squadrons of starfighters and and as many top-notch elite pilots, ReBeL Home was a force to be reconned with.

Goku1 looked down at the control panel and signalled the two ships to land and the pilots to get some grub and rack time. He then sat back and rubbed his eyes. "Spast... wish something interesting would happen around here. Been so long since we've seen any real combat. Just pirate raids and smugglers to deal with... bah."

At Goku's console a light would begin to flash; the sign of an incoming transmission.

Goku noticed the button on the console and patched the transmission to one of the holoprojectors.

"This is ReBeL Home, we're receiving."

"ReBeL Home has been reached." Darcy informed Tank.

"Excellent." The Jedi said, nodding and tapping the keys on the table. The holoprojector came to life, bringing up Goku's countenance. "Ah, Goku. Good seeing you again."

"Commander, I'm happy to see you too. It's been a while, sir." Goku threw a quick salute.

As usual, Tank waved his hand irritably. "Dammit man, cut that out. You know I'm not on duty...you do that just to annoy me don't you?"

Goku cracked a grin. " Never fails either. What can I do for you bossman?"

The moment of lightness passed and Tank became serious once more. "I need you to pass me on to the Command group. I've got an issue here that I might need some extra assistance on, so I need to talk with'em."

Goku scratched his head. " Well, you caught us at a late hour, but I think a few of the higher ups are still awake. I'll patch you through. Nice seeing you."

Goku punched several buttons to route the transmission to the Command Tower.

Two days later....

Goku1's commlink beeped. He picked it up and recieved a message to report to the Wrath briefing room within 15 minutes. He stood and logged out of his station and took a turbrolift down to the main hangar.

He entered his securty code into the lock pad and entered into the small, circular ampitheatre. Standing inside were Snoopy, Aslan, Ace, Zara, Vader, Azis, Dark, Razen, and one of the newer pilots to join the squadron, Fireyone.

Zarathos waved Goku into the room. "Come and take a seat." He said simply, before looking back to his datapad.

Goku had a seat and waited fr the briefing to start. Wrath Hangar was split into two sections. On one side you had assorted Wrath Squadron fighters, while the other side was designated for the Special Forces.

The fact that pilots from all four squadrons were sitting in the same briefing room, and that the briefing room was not the large ampitheatre in the core of the station, suggestd that whatever was about to be discussed was a matter of special interest.

Goku cocked his head over to one side, then snapped it over to the other, popping the joints in his neck as he waited.

Zara stepped up to the podium, instantly lowering and then ending the small conversations that were going on in the room.

"Folks, we've received contact from Commander Tank that there's a bad situation brewing on the planet he's on. He's asked for us if we could be ready to assist him, and we will. Operations currently will most likely consist of space superiority and ground support, but until we get some more information, we're somewhat in the dark."

He paused a bit, going over his thoughts, before he continued. "Here's the situation as we know it. His business, the RBL Store, was attacked by coordinated ground forces under the overall command of T2, now going by the name of Darth Char."

Goku slammed his fist down onto his knee and barely restrained himself from uttering a line of curses.

"T2? I can't belive someone with the makings of Tank could do such a thing. He's gone Sith? Spast...."

Goku quieted down to listen to what else Zara had to say.

Zara waved the pilots to calm down. "We don't know what he's planning, but he cleaned out a lot of items from the Store and sliced the computer system. Luckily Tank had help in beating them back from some locals. Currently he is searching for Char and the other guy that hit him, using those same locals. One of his people brought him a good resupply, so he's good on that front."

"What we need to do is begin simulator training for possible space superiority missions as well as ground support missions. As the transmission from Earth to here isn't very good, we might also have to send someone in person to get more information every so often. We'll take volunteers for that after a bit. Especially for updated target packages."

"Aslan is going to try to see if he can't coordinate with some other Galactic Alliance units, and Master Skywalker is supposibly working on things on his end as well, but we don't know for certain yet. Communications are causing us issues all over the board as you know."

"Admiral, I would like to volunteer to give Commander Tank a hand if and when he needs it." Goku said.

Zara smiled slightly. "We might just take you up on that Goku. Matter of fact, we might send you to Earth pretty soon, but before we do, I want all of Wrath Squad to begin the ground support missions. Cobra will begin space CAP, Hawk will patrol here, and Wolf will go over their fighters with a fine tooth comb. We'll rotate every other week. Soon as Wrath has finished the ground support missions we'll send you."

Goku raised his hand in the air. "Sir, who'll be providing the tactical ground info we'll need for the sims? I'm hopeping we don't go in blind. Wraith squadron did that once before it became an intell unit and they got chopped to shreds."

"We have general terrain features of the planet we'll be using to create our simulatins. Our targets will most likely be Imperial or Yuuzhan Vong ground targets. If we can handle them, we'll be able to handle pretty much everything else." Zara replied.

Goku almost jumped out of his seat.

"Yuuzhan Vong? Where the hell did they come from this time? Sureley they aren't making another play at domination..."

Zara shook his head. "They're tough targets though, that's why we'll be using those target packages for our training. I'd rather train us for the hardest duty possible and be ready for anything, than to train substandard and get surprised."

"Sir, perhaps I might be able to help out on the ground once i've expended my ordinance into hostile targets. The Vong are pretty tough fighters on the ground. "

"As of now, there's no Vong to face except in our simulations. And as of right now, we're not even sure if Char has any ground forces. Our strength is in the air and space, so that's where we'll remain until we hear otherwise."

"Understood. Any estimates until when those sims will be ready to start running?"

Zara turned to the big blue Wookie, who growled and grunted slightly. "Looks like tomorrow we'll begin the sims." Zara replied, looking back.

"Now, if there's no more inturruptions, let's get to what we do know."

Details of supply, logistics, tactics and the like where discussed, as were new responsibilities.  This was a long overdue meeting, so many details were being covered as well as the upcoming support mission.

Finally, the briefing ended. "Ok people, lets hit the sims hard. Wraith Squad, you're up first, starting tomorrow.  Normal patrols, sims and asteroid runs for today." Zara ordered, the doors opening up to let the pilots out.

Goku stood and shuffled out the door behind Snoopy. In the pilots's locker room, he opened his locker and quickly donned his flightsuit and put his helmet under his right arm. Though it was going to be a simulator run, it needed to be as real as possible.

He made his way to the simulator chamber and stood next to his assigned sim.

~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.

Messages In This Thread
Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 09-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Goku1 - 09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Acehigh - 09-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Acehigh - 09-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Acehigh - 09-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Acehigh - 10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 10-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 10-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by M1A2Tanker - 10-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Re: Cries of Havoc II: Escalation - by Goku1 - 10-09-2005, 12:05 PM