Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bruised and bloodied beagle crawls into the bacta tank
:o Heya all. Well, I started the New Year off with a bang....so to speak...I left the house Friday morning and hurried to the car to go to work(I was running a little late because of a very early morning emergency page I had to handle). As luck would have it I discovered the hardway that the cement walkway was icey(imagine!! it's winter!! :Smile). I took a flying header off the walkway and had a spit second to pick my landing spot...choices were landing on the concrete walkways edge..several wooden beams used as steps...or a gravel driveway(lovely! :o) I went for the driveway. Unfortuanely, my landing wasn't world class...unless maybe for high diving :-X...face 1st into the driveway, resulting in a lovely gash in my forhead. After coating the driveway and walkway back to the house with a lovely shade of red, I managed to get back into the house and get the flow under control. Realizing I'd need stitches, I headed for town. Unfortunately, my fun wasn't over. On the way into town, I developed severe pain in my left side...by the time I made emergency, I was in agony. Suffice it to say, there was no waiting in line! Anyway, I came to find out I'd cracked a kidney in the fall and a blood vessel had ruptured internally (hemotoma)!!(And I'd been worried about broken bones!!) They kept me in the hospital over the weekend and I just got out this morning to recuperate at home for a few weeks........so how was everyone ELSE'S weekend??
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.

Messages In This Thread
A bruised and bloodied beagle crawls into the bacta tank - by Snoopy - 01-06-2003, 05:41 PM