Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Experiement gone awry...
Outside of the thick asteroid field the RBL Station sat serenely. Fighter after fighter took off, heading out to do battle with other squadrons out in the galaxy once again. However, not everyone on the station is involved in the fight. As a matter of fact, there's at least one individual who was having his own battle, in a brightly lit office filled with books and overflowing paperwork. And he was deep in a book right now, writing pertainent information as he read.

"Ok, the Clone War took place prior to the ascension of Palpatine as Emperor. However it was the catalyst that allowed him to assume total control through the use of emergency powers given to him by the Republic Senate, a motion that was puth forth by Senator Binks of Naboo."

Tank put his pen down and rubbed his forehead. He could have just read it out loud and let the computer copy it to a datapad or hologram, or he could have just typed it up, but the old way of writing with a pen and paper was still well ingrained with him. It helped him concentrate, forcing him to retain more information this way.

A knock on his door brought his head up. Simon stood there gazing at his old friend with a smirk on his face. "I see you've buried yourself pretty good this time."

"Yea, but you know, even a Jedi Master must know more than just how to fight and fly." Tank rolled his shoulders about, loosening them up. "These correspondence courses though are something else. Whoever thought them up to be this indepth should be kicked out an airlock. Some of us pilots aren't all that inclined to learning."

"Like yourself right?"

"Exactly." Tank smiled widely. He stood up and stretched. "Man, I've been at this for a few hours now. Learning about the Force is much easier, and not as hard on the eyes."

Simon shrugged. "I'll take your word on that. But that's not why I'm here."

"Alrighty." Tank came around his desk, letting his muscles get used to moving agian.

"I got something I wanna show ya down in the experiment room." Simon stood up and walked out the door, Tank following. Anything worked as an excuse for a break. Besides, people were beginning to think Tank was a ghost or just dead anyways.

It didn't take long for them to get to the room that was used for Simon's experiements. Having decided to put some use to his past knowledge, Simon had been working on all sorts of things in there. Course that prompted others on the station to think he'd been becoming a ghost as well.

Seems to be a phenomenom around the station.

"So what'cha got?" Tank asked as they entered the room. In the center was a large tunnel with a model Xwing on a pedistal in the middle of it.

"I've been working on a wind tunnel, trying to see if maybe I can create some fighters or something we can use on a planet. Xwings you know aren't the best in an atmosphere, and our TIEs are even worse."

"Yea, you've got a point there." Tank rubbed his chin thoughfully.

"So I've been playing with changing shield shapes, adding thrusters, all sorts of things. Here, lemme show you." Simon tapped on some buttons, and within moments there was a raging huricane within the tunnel, and smoke flowed over the model of the Xwing.

And...

"AAAAIIIIIEEEEE CHA!!!" A brown blur flashed by as a Ninja Ewok zoomed by in the tunnel, to vanish with a loud "PHOOMP!" at the other end.

Both Tank and Simon turned to each other. "That wasn't what you were going to show me was it?"

"Not quite. At least it wasn't the Wookies this time."

TBC.....
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.

Messages In This Thread
An Experiement gone awry... - by M1A2Tanker - 10-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Re:The Studying.... - by Snoopy - 10-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by M1A2Tanker - 10-23-2003, 08:50 PM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by WildSlash - 10-24-2003, 05:29 AM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by Simon - 10-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by M1A2Tanker - 10-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by Holmes - 10-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by M1A2Tanker - 10-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by Wraith - 10-25-2003, 08:27 PM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by Goku1 - 10-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Re:An Experiement gone awry... - by M1A2Tanker - 10-26-2003, 11:22 PM